Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SupeMassivePowerTrip

SupeMassivePowerTrip Well-Known Member

What happened to the lucente model? Seems like it's been superceded by the satorial model

2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quick question:

Would you consider your Benjamin Lucente suits to have a normal or high button-stance?

(I was the guy that was torn between a 38R and 38S at 5'9). The length of the 38S is perfect on me, IMO, but the button stance is rather high because of that. (Around 4" above my waist).

P.S. I still owe you some SEO advice

Yes - slightly higher button stance. This time around it will be a little bit lower (about 3 cm), and the length of the jacket will also be shorter by 1 cm.

3. eHaberdasher

What happened to the lucente model? Seems like it's been superceded by the satorial model

We still have the LUcente model - just sold out in medium gray, charcoal and navy in most sizes. Will be restocked hopefully by the end of March.

4. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Yes - slightly higher button stance. This time around it will be a little bit lower (about 3 cm), and the length of the jacket will also be shorter by 1 cm.

Damn, this would probably have made the 38R perfect for me =/

5. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Anyone bought a Borrelli shirt from ehaberdasher ? Are they slim fit or regular ?

What P2P should I expect for a 15.75 shirt

6. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

Anyone bought a Borrelli shirt from ehaberdasher ? Are they slim fit or regular ?

I purchased two 15.5 last year (one in April, one in October or so) and they are both slim. Only Ben could give you general advice though. I would be interested in some general info as well.

P2P = pit to pit?

7. lychee

lychee Well-Known Member

hi ben, with the new lucente's arriving at the end of march (hopefully), are there going to be any major changes to the previous versions? in particular, the shoulders?

8. eHaberdasher

hi ben, with the new lucente's arriving at the end of march (hopefully), are there going to be any major changes to the previous versions? in particular, the shoulders?

The new shipment will hopefully arrive within 5 weeks. No major changes, but the jacket will be 1cm shorter and the button stance slightly lower - probably actually only 1.5cm lower. No changes in the shoulder - maybe a few different models coming out later this year to replace the Maestro.

9. eHaberdasher

They're almost all slim

10. CharlieJade

CharlieJade New Member

G'day SF'ers.

To compliment my only other quality suit, I have dived in with my confidence for Ben and his company. Am looking to build a collection of fine suits that will serve me later in my professional career and am hoping Ehaberdasher will be my outfitter [​IMG]

Starting off with the Lucente model, which am hoping is a 6 drop. I tried an 8 drop in Canali with slight buckling on the lapel.

sidenote
    * in regards to both Ehaberdasher and Benjamin site, can the Benjamin range have better representation with higher resolution photos of the garments please.

broke my SF duck [​IMG]

11. ak622

ak622 Member

Hi Ben,

Can you please comment on the fitting between your house brand of trousers versus the Incotex brand? Are they of similar cutting/fit? Thanks!

12. bazarov

bazarov Member

Ben,

You mentioned that the next batch of Lucente suits were likely coming at the end of March with slightly altered dimensions (i.e. slightly lower button stance and slightly shorter jacket). Can we also expect them to come in different fabrics?

As an FYI, I purchased a navy blue lucente last year which I have found to be a great suit. Still, I think that your modifications to the lucente will make it even better (while I don't mind the high button stance of the original, I think that having it a bit lower will make it even sharper) and I might order a few more this year when they come in.

Best,
    Brian

13. eHaberdasher

G'day SF'ers.
    sidenote
    * in regards to both Ehaberdasher and Benjamin site, can the Benjamin range have better representation with higher resolution photos of the garments please.

You do realize there is a link next to the magnifying glass on each suit item page that links to additional photos of the garment, right?

14. eHaberdasher

Hi Ben,

Can you please comment on the fitting between your house brand of trousers versus the Incotex brand? Are they of similar cutting/fit? Thanks!

Benjamin trousers are slightly slimmer than Incotex US models, and slightly fuller than Incotex Euro models. Hope that helps... most similar to the Incotex US "Milan" model.

15. eHaberdasher

Ben,

You mentioned that the next batch of Lucente suits were likely coming at the end of March with slightly altered dimensions (i.e. slightly lower button stance and slightly shorter jacket). Can we also expect them to come in different fabrics?

As an FYI, I purchased a navy blue lucente last year which I have found to be a great suit. Still, I think that your modifications to the lucente will make it even better (while I don't mind the high button stance of the original, I think that having it a bit lower will make it even sharper) and I might order a few more this year when they come in.

Best,
    Brian

Hi Brian - in 4-5 weeks we'll have the same fabrics - solid navy, solid charcoal, solid medium gray. We do have a few other fabrics that will be coming out later this Summer hopefully - but first we want to see how the new Lucente fares with our customers...