• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Will the MTM program also have full canvassing available?

Also by any chance (if you happen to know yet) will you have MTM/RTW suits available in these colors/patterns?

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-s...s/joseph-abboud-blue-slim-fit-suit-30R230R314

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/samuels...022&siteId=gcdL_ATRVoE-tRUD3.SnQpGRoaYsVVH_Nw

Yes fully canvassed mtm and we will have fabrics available from pretty much everyone including VBC, Holland and Sherry, Dugdales, Fox Brothers, and more. You will find French blue and airforce blues as well. You can also provide your own fabric for cmt.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

[COLOR=111111]I measured a jacket that fits well using the askandy thread for suit measurements here: https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/how-to-measure-a-jacket/ [/COLOR] [COLOR=111111]I got:[/COLOR] [COLOR=111111]22.5 chest 20.5 waist 18.5 shoulder 30.0 boc 25.0 sleeve[/COLOR] [COLOR=111111]I'm thinking I should get the 41/42R here: http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/clothing/suits/benjamin-sartorial-suit-navy.html [/COLOR] [COLOR=111111]My concern is the jacket length. [/COLOR] [COLOR=111111]Edit: I didn't actually ask a question. Do you guys think it will be fine?[/COLOR]
It's hard to say with certainty but you ought to be okay I'd say. What's your weight and Wright and is your torso and lower body every proportioned? Average build?

Risen

Reaction score
It's hard to say with certainty but you ought to be okay I'd say. What's your weight and Wright and is your torso and lower body every proportioned? Average build?
I'm 185lbs, 6'2". My pants are 35x33, I'd say about average build. Slightly slimmer since I've been losing weight (only plan on losing another 10lbs so I don't think I'll slim up much more)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm 185lbs, 6'2". My pants are 35x33, I'd say about average build. Slightly slimmer since I've been losing weight (only plan on losing another 10lbs so I don't think I'll slim up much more)

At 6'2" I would strongly recommend a long. Sadly we are sold out of 41/42L in navy. We only have the medium grey and navy plaid left:

http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/clothing/suits.html#!/p=clear&size=265&order=name

We will be offering the new model later this summer and will have 42L so if you can wait until then those may be a good option for you.

Risen

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of that. Thank you for your help, I'm trying to decide if I can get away with the navy plaid in the office. Is it blue on darker blue? Black thread? Will it blend to a solid from a distance and then resolve into the plaid as you approach?

It's freaking gorgeous in the pictures :S

Edit: Referencing http://www.styleforum.net/t/475640/benjamin-sartorial-navy-plaid-sport-coat-39r-40r I think it's too bold for me. I'd be nervous wearing it haha, but I'll definitely try and grab the new model later this summer. Thank you for your help :)

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I hadn't thought of that. Thank you for your help, I'm trying to decide if I can get away with the navy plaid in the office. Is it blue on darker blue? Black thread? Will it blend to a solid from a distance and then resolve into the plaid as you approach?

It's freaking gorgeous in the pictures :S

Edit: Referencing http://www.styleforum.net/t/475640/benjamin-sartorial-navy-plaid-sport-coat-39r-40r I think it's too bold for me. I'd be nervous wearing it haha, but I'll definitely try and grab the new model later this summer. Thank you for your help :)

Here are a few images of the navy plaid in action, courtesy of thesuitburnsbetter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRZFD5YjWvs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYR0Q7j1mK/

Reaction score
Is there any reference guide to the fit of Benjamin Suits? Curious as to the fit of the various models: Classico, Classico II, Nobile, Granoro, etc...

I would like to buy one but just not sure how "slim" some of these fits are. For example I can wear a 44 in the Brooks Brothers Milano, 44 Samuelsohn Becket but need to get a 46 for a suit supply Sienna.

Any help would be appreciated.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any reference guide to the fit of Benjamin Suits?  Curious as to the fit of the various models: Classico, Classico II, Nobile, Granoro, etc...

I would like to buy one but just not sure how "slim" some of these fits are.  For example I can wear a 44 in the Brooks Brothers Milano, 44 Samuelsohn Becket but need to get a 46 for a suit supply Sienna.    

Benjamins run big and traditional but with slimmer waist. I reckon you would want a 44.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any reference guide to the fit of Benjamin Suits? Curious as to the fit of the various models: Classico, Classico II, Nobile, Granoro, etc...

I would like to buy one but just not sure how "slim" some of these fits are. For example I can wear a 44 in the Brooks Brothers Milano, 44 Samuelsohn Becket but need to get a 46 for a suit supply Sienna.

Thank you for your message and interest in the Benjamin Sartorial suits. All the suits feature higher armholes and a slimmer Italian fit. They are all fully canvassed and are fairly classic. The Granoro, Classico, and Classico II are all basically the same block difference. It started with the Granoro and then we made some extremely slight adjustments which most people wouldn't even notice (adjusted the collar positioning slightly) for the Classico and Classico II. These are all discontinued (no longer produced).

The Nobile is a new model, again with high armohles and fully canvassed, but the shoulders are slightly softer than the Granoro/Classico and the fit is just a little bit more form fitting than the Granoro/Classico - particularly in the shoulders. Also the lapels are just slightly larger (9 cm vs. 8.5 cm of the Classico).

Please note that while still classic and conservative in style, the Benjamin line is cut a little bit slimmer than most American commercial/mainstream brands. For Brooks Brothers we've been told that it's closest to the Fitzgerald model.

I hope this helps.

rdepuit

Reaction score
Is there going to be a Spring/Summary release of Bella Spalla/Benjamin sport coats, or nothing new until Fall? Looking to add a few, but also require a long size -- will longs be available OTR or MTO only?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there going to be a Spring/Summary release of Bella Spalla/Benjamin sport coats, or nothing new until Fall? Looking to add a few, but also require a long size -- will longs be available OTR or MTO only?

Yes we will be releasing just a few jackets for spring/summer... but not until some time in June. Mostly solids in linen fro Loro Piana and also some navy and brighter navy hopsack from Reda.

rdepuit

Reaction score
Yes we will be releasing just a few jackets for spring/summer... but not until some time in June. Mostly solids in linen fro Loro Piana and also some navy and brighter navy hopsack from Reda.

Sounds great, thanks. But there will be some long (42L) available OTR?

Is it June yet? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your message and interest in the Benjamin Sartorial suits. All the suits feature higher armholes and a slimmer Italian fit. They are all fully canvassed and are fairly classic. The Granoro, Classico, and Classico II are all basically the same block difference. It started with the Granoro and then we made some extremely slight adjustments which most people wouldn't even notice (adjusted the collar positioning slightly) for the Classico and Classico II. These are all discontinued (no longer produced).

The Nobile is a new model, again with high armohles and fully canvassed, but the shoulders are slightly softer than the Granoro/Classico and the fit is just a little bit more form fitting than the Granoro/Classico - particularly in the shoulders. Also the lapels are just slightly larger (9 cm vs. 8.5 cm of the Classico).

Please note that while still classic and conservative in style, the Benjamin line is cut a little bit slimmer than most American commercial/mainstream brands. For Brooks Brothers we've been told that it's closest to the Fitzgerald model.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks!! I bought two suits, Benjamin and Benjamin Sartorial; and the quality and fit is excellent!!! Cant wait to get them back from the tailors!!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds great, thanks. But there will be some long (42L) available OTR?

Is it June yet? :)

Yes we are just waiting to hear back on the fabric availability for the Reda hopsacks in navy and bright navy (almost a French blue) and the VBC navy that is more of a doeskin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads