• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben,

I recently ordered a pair of classico II trousers and found them to be significantly tighter (in both the seat and legs) than the prior cut - did you change the model significantly?

Barely changed the model. I'm wondering if you definitely go the Classico II model or perhaps there is a remote possibility you received the wrong sized trousers?

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Have you ever considered adding a wishlist to your website? It would be nice to be able to send one link to my family/significant other instead of many links. :)

Also: another new request: Benjamin odd trousers (flanel, etc)

Last edited:

mxtwoforty

Reaction score
Pretty sure they were Classico II 32s. I'm wondering if mine stretched out significantly over time and it was more of a fabric thing

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Have you ever considered adding a wishlist to your website? It would be nice to be able to send one link to my family/significant other instead of many links. :)

Also: another new request: Benjamin odd trousers (flanel, etc)

Actually we used to have one on the site but removed it - I forget why... but yes I do plan to have a wish-list type function for the new site! :)

Benjamin odd trousers have been on the agenda for a really long time now - once again production issues have plagued me though.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben,

Can you compare and contrast the Lardini line of sports coats to the Benjamin line from a fit, quality, value perspective?

Specifically i'm thinking of either these two:

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-17235/Lardini-Sport-Coat-cln--39R-fdsh-40R/Detail

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16552/Benjamin-Sartorial-Sport-Coat-cln-/Detail

The Lardini jacket you linked to is actually more structured than mos of the other Lardini jackets which are mostly unlined and have almost no shoulder padding. Lardini are mostly half canvassed and in some cases fused as the unlined jackets are mostly unstructured (but totally awesome). They're all made in Italy and use really nice fabrics.

The Benjamin is, of course, fully canvassed and the one you linked to is the Napoli soft shoulder model, and the fabric is amazing - pure cashmere from either Delfino or Zegna - I can't remember and lost track. As far as fit, I don't have the jackets here with me in London so can't say for sure, but they are likely going to fit the same body - just the styles and fabrics are different.

SurfingAussie

Reaction score
Love, love, love the forum. The info in here is second to none. 2 quick questions...

1) Are there any promotions going on currently on the ehaberdasher.com website? 20% off with registration? 15%? 10%? Free shipping?

2) Is it possible to order from the ehaberdasher.co.uk website and have it shipped to America?

Thanks!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Love, love, love the forum.  The info in here is second to none.  2 quick questions...

1) Are there any promotions going on currently on the ehaberdasher.com website?  20% off with registration?  15%?  10%?  Free shipping?

2) Is it possible to order from the ehaberdasher.co.uk website and have it shipped to America?

Thanks!

The only promotions are free US shipping (code 'SFFRSHIP') or if outside US 1/2 price shipping (code 'SFHALF').

Yes we ship internationally from either site to pretty much any country in the world.

throw4five

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered; I tried poking around this thread for an answer but grew tired of searching through 141 pages. I'm in the market for a $500 suit and am trying to decide between a SuitSupply and Benjamin. In a 40S, the only offering on ehaberdasher is a "slimmer classico". I'm wondering how this suit fits overall compared to any of the various SuitSupply fits (of which there is more extensive information). I love the idea of fully-canvassed, but am in the market for a slim-fitting suit, more in line with modern fashion vs. a classically-fitted suit.

In the Benjamin, are there some standard measurements for a 40S Slimmer Classico II? Chest, shoulder, waist, BOC, drop, rise, leg opening, etc. Thanks!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered; I tried poking around this thread for an answer but grew tired of searching through 141 pages.  I'm in the market for a $500 suit and am trying to decide between a SuitSupply and Benjamin.  In a 40S, the only offering on ehaberdasher is a "slimmer classico".  I'm wondering how this suit fits overall compared to any of the various SuitSupply fits (of which there is more extensive information).  I love the idea of fully-canvassed, but am in the market for a slim-fitting suit, more in line with modern fashion vs. a classically-fitted suit. 

In the Benjamin, are there some standard measurements for a 40S Slimmer Classico II?  Chest, shoulder, waist, BOC, drop, rise, leg opening, etc.  Thanks!

He actually lists the measurements in the description of each suit. I couldn't find a 40S on the US site, but here's the link to one on the UK site: http://www.ehaberdasher.co.uk/servlet/the-1319/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--39S-fdsh-40S/Detail

Just read down below the description, and you'll see a section called "Jacket Details/Measurements", and then one for pants.

Probably the same measurements, except for length, as the 40R, of which there are quite a few examples on the site.

throw4five

Reaction score
thanks for the reply Simpson, I suppose I'm still looking for a general idea of the fit though. Measurements aside, is the classico fitted like a classically-cut suit, or a more modern fitting slim-fit? I am very athletically built and would prefer a suit that was more tailored to my body instead of the more traditional baggy suit look.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

thanks for the reply Simpson, I suppose I'm still looking for a general idea of the fit though.  Measurements aside, is the classico fitted like a classically-cut suit, or a more modern fitting slim-fit?  I am very athletically built and would prefer a suit that was more tailored to my body instead of the more traditional baggy suit look.

They are generally slim fit, but not a fashion slim fit. They definitely are not baggy.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those not on our email list, we've recently added some awesome Lardini jackets at $295 and up - well below Yoox prices - and they're awesome (more casual) jackets! Also got in Castangia and Battistoni suits and jackets - really nice rare pieces that are hand made and Brioni-esque.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
and today we put up some PT01 and PT05 - awesome slimmer fitting trousers and 5 pocket styles!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads