1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Agreed - looks pretty good and I think the sleeve length seems fine at least from what I can see from the pics. Thanks for sharing!

I just got back from Italy yesterday and picked out a few fabrics for the next cutting. Also tweaked the model slightly, and I hope to get the sample in the next few weeks to see how it comes out. As suggested by a few of you:

1. 9cm lapels
    2. Lower button stance by 1cm
    3. Basted sleeves with no button stitching and sleeve buttons unattached
    4. Increased allowance on the inside of the jacket

I do try to accommodate most of you guys as best I can! :D

Not sure about exact timing but we're shooting for ready by December 1. Was wondering - would it be helpful to do pre-orders? I put up the fabrics online and you guys order your size and that way I'll just make your size (stock size)? We could do that.... no adjustments/customisations though, so you'll have to know what size Bella Spalla works for you and the fit would be the same as current Bella Spalla (not including the solid black one - that was a different model and manufacturer).

Let me know what you guys think and I'll happily do it basically MTO.

1 person likes this.
  2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Wow you're making it pretty hard to say no. When would the payment be required?

And what are some of the fabrics?

3. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

Sold! Count me in!

2 people like this.
  4. Beav

Beav Senior member

Yes! This would be great. I appreciate you considering making this an option.

1 person likes this.
  5. eHaberdasher

Haven't thought it through really... I guess I was thinking of 100% payment up front and then delivery in about 8 weeks. Returns allowed.

Don't have pics of the fabrics yet as I don't have all the swatches, but I did post one of them on instagram a few days ago:

https://instagram.com/p/8OT-W_vgNA/?taken-by=e_haberdasher

Zegna fabric in 100% wool that is so buttery soft you'd swear it was predominantly cashmere, and this lot was made for Brunello Cucinelli's collection. Looking at it I'm not sure which side I'd offer - probably the darker side.

6. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

It would only be a jacket. No suits/matching trousers right?

7. eHaberdasher

Correct - jackets only, although I am hoping to offer some trousers made in Napoli - different factory though. Picked out a nice medium grey flannel from VBC. If we did suits they'll be made by 2 different factories which complicates things a bit... there would be more fabric loss/waste and also coordinating a variety of things would just take a bit of extra work, care and inspection, so for now we'll first see how the trousers do as standalone trousers and I'll await all of your feedback. Fit will pretty much be like the Benjamin trousers though (trim but not super slim fit).

1 person likes this.
  8. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Darker side is better, IMO. I have a jacket made by Z Zegna that is similar to the lighter side. I find it to be a little difficult to match. Seems to kind of go with lots of stuff, but not go awesomely with very much. I thought I had found a winner combo below, but the people in Whnay's good taste thread disagreed. :/ Prior model of Benjamin shirt FTW.
    [​IMG]
    The colour is a little off. The stripes are orange, not red.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  9. Beav

Beav Senior member

I really like that darker one! It would be great to see more when you get the swatches.

I don't know about everyone else, and I know this is irrational, but I tend to buy more when there is like a 50% up front payment... and then the rest a couple months later.

For some reason spreading out the pain makes things seem cheaper and makes me spend more. :embar:

10. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Adding my thumbs up for the changes ... I tried the Bella Spallas, and found I like the wider lapels of the Blue Label's better. I also think they'll benefit from a lower button stance, and I appreciate unattached sleeve buttons.

Also, YES on preorders and YES on odd trousers; I'd love to see a Benjamin Sartorial flannel trouser.

By the way -- can you share the waist measurement for the Benjamin shirts in size 15?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  11. althanis

althanis Senior member

Would you be able to spring a brown of some sort? I've been wanting a brown sport coat for fall and winter for a while, with a little bit of texture.

If you did 50% up front as someone else suggested that would make it more palatable too, spreading things out.

12. ianbratton

ianbratton Member

Ben, I was looking to grab vests to complete 3 Benjamin suits (navy, mid-gray, dark-gray) in size 52r/41r-42r(European/American). I only saw the mid-gray available. Will you be putting more on the website?

13. eHaberdasher

I can recommend some nice ties to go with the jacket - perhaps later this weekend if I get a chance. The jacket looks nice - is it bluish grey with a biege in the plaid as it looks on my screen? DOesn't look hard to match with stuff at all - but maybe I'm wrong (or maybe because we have like 700 ties it makes it easier to match haha!)

14. eHaberdasher

I'll see if I can figure out a way to take 50% up front and the balance when they're ready to ship... will keep you guys posted.

1 person likes this.
  15. eHaberdasher

Cool - thanks for weighing in.

Size 15 Benjamin Giacomo/Tremiti:

Chest: 40.5"
    Shoulders: 17.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Sleeve from center neck: 34"
    Sleeve from top of shoulder: 24.75"
    Length from BOC: 30"

16. eHaberdasher

We've picked out a nice brown plaid... no pics yet but winter weight. Really handsome. I made some for the limited purplle full canvassed Luxury collection but mostly sold out now... we have some blue label ones though... not your size or to your liking? May do some more blue label also though and trying to get the price lower...

17. eHaberdasher

Yea they didn't send everything for some reason - a bit annoyed... still working that out.

18. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Hold off on the tie suggestions, thanks. I'm on a buying diet until February.

You are right that colour-wise it goes with quite a bit:
    [​IMG]
    [click for massive pic; white envelope in pic for colour correction]

The main issue I have with the jacket is actually the tone. I find it to be neither dark nor bright; just kind of muted and meh... If it had more contrast or saturation, it would be easier to work with.

With other muted colours (camel pants, vanilla bean shirt) I find there isn't enough contrast. It would probably be good for someone with muted complexion, but not me. With strong colours (slate blue pants or dark brown pants, for example), it looks a little weak, imo. Like it just wanted to chill out, but the pants are all serious about it...
    It could just be that I don't like understated sport coats...

As an aside, I have a rabid hatred for when the lapel doesn't touch the breast pocket, like this:
    [​IMG]
    THEY COULDN'T HAVE MADE THE GODDAMNED LAPEL OR POCKET A 1/4" WIDER!?!!!

19. BespokeBeirut

BespokeBeirut Member

Am I the only one who's not seeing the "refine by" options on the site right now? It's been down on different browsers/computers for me for a few days, and it's about all that's keeping me from snapping up some ties! [​IMG]

20. eHaberdasher

Sorry - we are indeed aware of this and working to resolve it. We may have to take the site down for a little while in the next day or two as we also need to upgrade to the latest iteration of the platform for greater improvements to the site.

In the mean time, it appears the filter (strangely) shows up if you use the search box and type in your search there. I've saved you the trouble and provided a link below with our tie selection and you can further filter from there - no more excuses for you! ;)

http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=67&dir=asc&order=price&q=tie