1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Cool. Let me know how you like it. The Tallia di Delfino fabric is really nice - VERY soft. I wore my blue jacket a few weeks ago at a friend's trunk show event with lots of kiss-kiss and the ladies kept petting my back and arms - drooling over the fabric and all thought it was cashmere.

1 person likes this.
  2. eHaberdasher

Thanks, and sorry we currently don't have any here in the UK for you. Hoping for better days ahead and great things to come in 2015!

BTW, I do travel back and forth between London and US, so if there is anything in particular you were interested in please feel free to PM or email me ben@ehaberdasher.com and I may be able to personally courier some things back to the UK for you if the timing works out. Otherwise we do periodically transfer some inventory back and forth so do reach out and I'll try to be of service!

3. eHaberdasher

I have this jacket. It's definitely blue - no mistaking it. I wear mine with solid navy or medium grey chinos (Marco Pescarolo/PT01), dark blue or grey jeans (Borrelli), or grey flannels (navy would go too, but I don't own a pair). Basically you can wear it with navy and greys. Again - awesome fabric (although for some reason the fabric says 100% wool on the blue one, which is incorrect.as it is indeed 2% cashmere).

4. eHaberdasher

Yes there is free US shipping as ThisFits has already indicated. If you already placed your order then Email service@ehaberdasher.com and we'll adjust/refund.

5. eHaberdasher

Do note this is only for US ORDERS. For international orders it is "SFHALF" and shipping is half price (International Shipping is expennnnnnnsive!)

6. eHaberdasher

Bella Spalla is a closer fit for sure, but I'm heading back to Napoli next month to work on the model a bit more. One person already bought one and gave feedback. At first he said not to change a thing, but then came back a few minutes later and said it can afford to be a smidge longer in the body. I'll probably do at least that - maybe add 1 - 1.5 cm. Maybe even up to 2 cm. But waiting to see how others react. He loved the lapels at 9.5 cm. The Benjamin blue label is more akin to the Classico/Classico II - just a slightly softer shoulder for Naturale (wider lapel) and Naturale Nuovo (slimmer lapel).

7. eHaberdasher

36S was intended, but not executed unfortunately. I hear and acknowledge your vote for patch pockets.

1 person likes this.
  8. Riva

Riva Senior member

I actually cut my jackets to 27 from collar so if the 36S is that short I'd be a truly happy customer. But my real size is 35.

9. eHaberdasher

Hey just wanted to wish all you guys a Merry Christmas!

10. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love these two but neither are in my size of 42L.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Riva

Riva Senior member

Merry Xmas to you too Ben! And you all!

12. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Quick review: This jacket is really, really soft; the fabric is fantastic. At first I wasn't sure what colors to wear it with, but I think I can figure that one out (not sold on today's combo). I also really like the fit. I definitely don't think you can touch this value with anything else; it's so much nicer than my suit supply stuff.

This picture is directly out of the box. However, I see why Ben mentioned the difference in appearance in the full v half-canvassed jackets; this one does, at least to me, look a little flat. It may be because it was packed, I'm not sure, but I think the bigger lapels need more of a roll. I bet the smaller lapeled models sell like crazy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    4 people like this.
  13. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Thanks for posting the review.

It looks great. The shoulders look great and everything is nicely proportioned. The green is much darker than I had expected. Agree re:more roll. But then again I always want more roll on pretty much everything. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  14. gimmeabreak

gimmeabreak Active Member

Can you post your measurements, and which size coat you got? This batch of coats is slimmer, and I'm really debating if I should size up from my regular 40R

15. sammy

sammy Senior member

Ben,
    When are you going roll out the full canvas jackets? I have two of your Napoli jackets in 36S and am interested in picking up some more. Also, will you be doing any in a heavy tweed?

16. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

On a related note, are you leaving the measurements the same on the fully canvassed jackets as they were on the Napoli? I suspect that those buying fully canvassed could use the extra inch in the chest and waist...

17. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I've noticed a lot of recent back and forth in this thread about full and half canvas. Honestly, I think having these lower priced half canvas jackets available as an option is a smart move. Suit Supply is a good value and thus its appeal, but the cuts tend to be a little trendy. I could see the store growing some in that market over time with the right priced merchandise.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    2 people like this.
  18. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

^^^ From what I can tell/feel, Ben's half-canvased jacket is much much nicer than my Suit Supply stuff. Just seemed a good time to point that out.

19. Beav

Beav Senior member

I agree very much with this, I'd love to see these jackets catch on and be an ongoing item. I think it occupies a spot nobody else does well, including Suit Supply. I missed out on the jacket I really wanted in my size, but I hope to see more made available in the future.

1 person likes this.
  20. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

Hi Ben,

I'm really impressed by the Bella Spalla Sportcoat but I'm rather hesitant to buy it in black vs navy or charcoal, I've backtrack a few pages and understand their are some production issues but are we talking about weeks or months to see it in a different colour in a 36s?

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015