• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's the latest ETA for more Benjamin suits?

Are you planning to restock charcoal in all sizes?  I'm in a wedding coming up in early November that I need a 41/42L suit for.

Yes - they are being shipped to the US and the UK this week. Hope to have them all on the site next week!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I take a 16.5 neck and a 34.5 sleeve, and the sleeve length on the benjamins I have works just fine. (Except the one end-on-end I got which was shorter overall than the others. Sleeve was a little short. There's a prior post about it and I think archibald said he had the same experience. Ben said something about checking on that fabric.)

Thanks for the reminder - I totally zoned on this one and will have Colleen check out the end on end measurements.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Alright, the issue is more obvious in this photo. Thanks much

That's funky and I've never seen anything like that before. You say it developed over time (as in wasn't like that when you first tried it on or put it on in the morning, but developed over the course of the day?) Is it apparent when sitting on the hanger?

Please keep us posted regarding what your tailor has to say.

Anyone else seen or experienced anything like this?

Otherwise the suit looks great! Is this the Classico or the Napoli model? Did you have the waist of the jacket taken in? Just curious since for the Napoli model I took in the waist of the jacket by about 1.5 cm, but am finding that some people are finding it too tight. I just wanted to give it a little more shape.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben - Are you planning to have any sportcoats in this weeks release?

No, unfortunately... supposed to arrive at the end of October. What size are you? You can PM me or better yet just shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can let you know what we're getting in your size.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's funky and I've never seen anything like that before. You say it developed over time (as in wasn't like that when you first tried it on or put it on in the morning, but developed over the course of the day?) Is it apparent when sitting on the hanger?

Please keep us posted regarding what your tailor has to say.

Anyone else seen or experienced anything like this?

Otherwise the suit looks great! Is this the Classico or the Napoli model? Did you have the waist of the jacket taken in? Just curious since for the Napoli model I took in the waist of the jacket by about 1.5 cm, but am finding that some people are finding it too tight. I just wanted to give it a little more shape.

So hookem12387 what ever happened with this mysterious bump? Inquiring minds want to know.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By the way, the suits are in but not processed and on the sites yet... hopefully Tuesday.

Also you 34R and 34S guys will be pleased to know that we will have some suits for you too!

Kroaker

Reaction score
Looks like the new suits are up on the site (at least in 41/42)!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looks like the new suits are up on the site (at least in 41/42)!

Yep - restocked and loaded up with the solid basics by popular demand! This time we have size 34S, 34R and even 44S! This is the new updated Classico II model - hopefully those of you who had a slight collar gap issue will find the Classico II to be an improved fit for you.

We also got in some new Incotex made for the US so a more classic fit, and we marked down Benjamin shirts to only $50 to make room for 400 or so more shirts we're getting later this month, then another 800+ shirts in January!

Also coming later this month are a restock of Benjamin trousers in the same solids, but also we'll finally get a small sampling of Benjamin Sartorial sport jackets in about a dozen fabrics - and hopefully more on the way towards the end of this year along with Benjamin fancy suit fabrics in plaids and stripes and checks (finally!)

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I was all over Italy last week and thought I'd share some fun pics:

Pics from visit to Saitt:

Above: Clark Gable's shirt from "Gone with the Wind"

Above: Duke of Windsor's shirt

Above: Zubin Mehta's shirt

At Lanificio Zegna:

At Colombo: 90% Vicuna 10% Silk normally $1200/mt but for me the bargain price of $650/mt. I passed...

Factory visits and model considerations:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im very excited to see these sport coats, I must say. Hopefully the production issues can be sorted out.

facet

Reaction score
Hi Ben

Are the fabrics for the Napoli and Classico II suits of the corresponding colours identical? ie, the fabric used for the navy Napoli is the same as the Classico II?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics