1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Classico II is going to pretty much be like the original Classico - just tightened up the collar even more so hopefully eliminating any issues with collar gap for those who had a problem with that in the past.

I haven't gathered enough data on the Napoli yet, but a few guys are returning them for being too snug - particularly in the mid-section of the jacket but also the trousers... 1 out of every 5 are being returned at this point, so I may have to tweak the model a bit more. No one has complained about the shoulders being too wide though (at least not yet).

2. eHaberdasher

Cool. Hopefully you sized down as those Saks coats do run very full. There are only a handful left - we originally had 180 of them IIRC!

3. eHaberdasher

Have you tried the 43L/44L Classico? I won't be making a 42/43, sorry to say... at least not off the rack.

4. hookem12387

hookem12387 Distinguished Member

Sounds great, re classico's. Looking forward to trying napoli sportcoats once that happens.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

5. eHaberdasher

The shoulders of the shirt are meant to hit a little bit higher up. I'll try to dig up pics I took of myself in a shirt so you can see. If you've ever worn Mastai Ferretti it is the same manufacturer (SAITT).

6. eHaberdasher

FYI I'm wearing a 15.5/39. I'm 5'10" 160 lbs.

Pics of Benjamin shirt fit

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/298030/a/327018/b115-3-jpg/

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/298032/a/327018/b115-2-jpg/

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/298031/a/327018/b115-4-jpg/

7. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior Member

It true you are only stocking the trim fit (B115) going forward? I was looking at the medium fit (B102) but Colleen mentioned you will not be restocking these?

8. eHaberdasher

Yes this is true. The trim fit is in line with the silhouette of the Benjamin suits - the B102 is a very full fit (Amercian full fit).

9. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior Member

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts. How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes? Say for a 16.5 neck?

10. Magnus357

Magnus357 Active Member

What's the latest ETA for more Benjamin suits?

Are you planning to restock charcoal in all sizes? I'm in a wedding coming up in early November that I need a 41/42L suit for.

11. tdude

tdude Senior Member

I take a 16.5 neck and a 34.5 sleeve, and the sleeve length on the benjamins I have works just fine. (Except the one end-on-end I got which was shorter overall than the others. Sleeve was a little short. There's a prior post about it and I think archibald said he had the same experience. Ben said something about checking on that fabric.)

12. hookem12387

So, this is my maiden wear of my benjamin suit, which fits very well. However, it has very quickly (into the morning, it didn't have it on the hanger) developed this bump on the shoulder? Any ideas? I'll head off to my tailor ASAP to try to figure it out with him, but thought I'd ask here also. Thanks

[​IMG]

13. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

The suit looks good! I'd take it out slightly along the sides, but that's it. I don't see anything wrong with the shoulder.

14. hookem12387

Alright, the issue is more obvious in this photo. Thanks much

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

15. eHaberdasher

Email [email protected] and Colleen ought to be able to let you know exact full sleeve measurement (rather than the shoulder point to point and sleeve from shoulder measurements already provided on the site). I imagine it's roughly 35"+ or so for size 16.5, but she can confirm. If you have a specific shirt in mind you may want to provide the link to that exact shirt and she will measure that one.