• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sorry, but just to clear up something, since the existing Classico fits me perfectly: The classico 2 will keep the same measurements for shoulder and LO, yes? And the napoli will offer different measurements than the classico for each?

Classico II is going to pretty much be like the original Classico - just tightened up the collar even more so hopefully eliminating any issues with collar gap for those who had a problem with that in the past.

I haven't gathered enough data on the Napoli yet, but a few guys are returning them for being too snug - particularly in the mid-section of the jacket but also the trousers... 1 out of every 5 are being returned at this point, so I may have to tweak the model a bit more. No one has complained about the shoulders being too wide though (at least not yet).

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just snagged one of the Saks cashmere coats in 46/48r. It's tough to find a good selection in larger sizes, so I wasn't about to turn this one down. Looking forward to it since this is my first order from Ben & Co. :slayer:

Cool. Hopefully you sized down as those Saks coats do run very full. There are only a handful left - we originally had 180 of them IIRC!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'll add another vote for a 42/43L Navy Napoli with a 19.5" shoulder. I have a similar body type as you, just a slightly larger waist. 6'2" with 19.5-19.75" shoulders, 42" chest and 34" waist.

Have you tried the 43L/44L Classico? I won't be making a 42/43, sorry to say... at least not off the rack.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, re classico's. Looking forward to trying napoli sportcoats once that happens.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I need some help with shirt sizing.

I'm normally a 15.5" x 35" in Brooks Brothers Slim shirting.  I've taken some measurements off that shirt, and I'm still not sure even a 16" Benjamin Sartorial shirt will fit.  Most of the measurements seem close, except for the shoulder.  The shoulder on the 16" Benjamin shirt is still 0.25' to 0.5" short of the BB slim depending on where I measure it from.

Now, I'm a skinny guy.  RLBL is the only suit off the rack that fits me well, but I'm not sure I'll be able to fit into these shirts.

Anyone have any experience with the fit?  Are they as overly slim as the measurements make them out to be?

The shoulders of the shirt are meant to hit a little bit higher up. I'll try to dig up pics I took of myself in a shirt so you can see. If you've ever worn Mastai Ferretti it is the same manufacturer (SAITT).

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ellsbebc

Reaction score
It true you are only stocking the trim fit (B115) going forward? I was looking at the medium fit (B102) but Colleen mentioned you will not be restocking these?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It true you are only stocking the trim fit (B115) going forward?  I was looking at the medium fit (B102) but Colleen mentioned you will not be restocking these?

Yes this is true. The trim fit is in line with the silhouette of the Benjamin suits - the B102 is a very full fit (Amercian full fit).

Kroaker

Reaction score
Yes this is true. The trim fit is in line with the silhouette of the Benjamin suits - the B102 is a very full fit (Amercian full fit).

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts. How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes? Say for a 16.5 neck?

Magnus357

Reaction score
What's the latest ETA for more Benjamin suits?

Are you planning to restock charcoal in all sizes? I'm in a wedding coming up in early November that I need a 41/42L suit for.

tdude

Reaction score

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts.  How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes?  Say for a 16.5 neck?

I take a 16.5 neck and a 34.5 sleeve, and the sleeve length on the benjamins I have works just fine. (Except the one end-on-end I got which was shorter overall than the others. Sleeve was a little short. There's a prior post about it and I think archibald said he had the same experience. Ben said something about checking on that fabric.)

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, this is my maiden wear of my benjamin suit, which fits very well. However, it has very quickly (into the morning, it didn't have it on the hanger) developed this bump on the shoulder? Any ideas? I'll head off to my tailor ASAP to try to figure it out with him, but thought I'd ask here also. Thanks

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, this is my maiden wear of my benjamin suit, which fits very well. However, it has very quickly (into the morning, it didn't have it on the hanger) developed this bump on the shoulder? Any ideas? I'll head off to my tailor ASAP to try to figure it out with him, but thought I'd ask here also. Thanks

The suit looks good! I'd take it out slightly along the sides, but that's it. I don't see anything wrong with the shoulder.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, the issue is more obvious in this photo. Thanks much

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts.  How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes?  Say for a 16.5 neck?

Email [email protected] and Colleen ought to be able to let you know exact full sleeve measurement (rather than the shoulder point to point and sleeve from shoulder measurements already provided on the site). I imagine it's roughly 35"+ or so for size 16.5, but she can confirm. If you have a specific shirt in mind you may want to provide the link to that exact shirt and she will measure that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads