1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

:bounce2: :drool: :fistbump:

:(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Aren't you a full canvas man anyway?

3. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Not always. I'd definitely make an exception for these.

4. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

The greens :slayer:

Wish they were full, but I'll deal :foo:

5. rjsphd

rjsphd Senior member

Really like the pics of the new sport coats, but curious about what you say above: how do half-canvas garments move and feel differently than full canvas.

6. gimmeabreak

gimmeabreak Active Member

So, only 3 of the models above come with the wider lapels :( ? The herringbone, and the grey and olive solids at the bottom?
    I'm sure you've done your research about the overall demand and its a sound business decision, but I personally will have to pass on the others, in spite of the incredible fabrics and patterns :(. The narrow lapels will look great - on svelte asian dudes, which sadly does not fit my description :).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  7. eHaberdasher

Indeed the greens are handsome. The greens that are third and fourth from bottom are Loro Piana. I think I'll be putting them on the site today...

8. eHaberdasher

I just like the way full canvas drapes and moves with the body. Lots of guys probably can't tell the difference, but having worked in the world of high end clothing on and off for 30 years you come to notice and appreciate such things.

9. eHaberdasher

The three wide lapel models are the sage green melange, blue melange and the bottom earthy grey herringbone (pure cashmere). I am a svelt Asian dude. Honestly I look great in them all, although greens tend to not look so good on me. :)

10. eHaberdasher

Correction the blue-green is Loro Piana (4th from bottom) along with the brown windowpane.

11. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

Are the Bella Spalla sportcoats half-canvassed, unstructured, neither?

12. gimmeabreak

gimmeabreak Active Member

They look good, but I am also curious about what's the story with bella spalla as well. E.g. why only in black? Why 1" shorter than the others (which are already on the short side to begin with)?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  13. Riva

Riva Senior member

Wait... no 36S at all?

14. Riva

Riva Senior member

But the contrast colored lapel button hole stitching is just so awesome. Been looking for one since Sherlock... need 36S especially for the mauve windowpane please!

15. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

These coats are seriously tempting. So many great fabrics.

I note that everything has been slimmed down. The 40r is a full inch smaller in the chest and waist than the prior model, and .5" longer. Both of these are not good for me, as the prior napoli coats fit me nearly perfectly.

I'm intrigued by this:
    [​IMG]

I love the natural shoulders, lapels, patch pockets, and texture, but I don't know when I'd wear a black coat. I think the styling cues differentiate it from a black suit, and from the people who refill the drinks. But how exactly do you wear this? Also, wow wide are the lapels? ~4"? Also, is it really year-round if it's 50% cashmere?

So many questions...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  16. JEdge

JEdge Active Member

First a few comments:

I've been meaning to take a moment to post on my customer service experience with eHaberdasher. Following what appeared to be bubbling in the fused sleeves of my <1 yr old Bejamin Classico suit, I reached out to Ben for assistance. eHaberdasher paid the shipping to take an in-person look at the issue with consultation from his tailor. Ultimately the bubbling was resolved by a simple pressing of the sleeves, though Ben was willing to pay for the reconstruction of the sleeves if his tailor thought that was necessary. All in all, Ben took the time to thoroughly review the issue, willingly paid for all the necessary shipping charges, and resolved an issue that ultimately was the fault of my dry cleaners and not his product. Kudos to eHaberdasher for providing excellent service!

Secondly, I just received a Benjamin Sartorial Sports Coat in Charcoal Houndstooth as a Christmas present from my fiance. This is from the original Napoli run of full-canvas sports coats in cashmere. It is a beautiful jacket - the cashmere is very luxurious. My tailor was drooling over the details, pointing to several stitch work that was clearly complete by hand. I honestly can't recall where these jackets were made or by who, but either way, my tailor and I agree that the jackets are an excellent value considering the excellent quality.

Now some quick questions:

Ben - Can you talk a little bit about your decision to get the Bella Spalla sports coats made in Italy? Can you compare and contrast the construction between the Italian made jackets vs. those from China? Of course more times than not "Italian Made" is much more a marketing gimmick than an indication of quality. Since you were constructing them to hit a certain lower price-point, I guess i'm just surprised that you went somewhere with higher manufacturing/labor costs...

I know that you just rolled out a ton of new Benjamin products, but can you provide a 6-12 month product projection moving forward? I'm interested generally, but specifically, I noticed that you don't have any black Benjamin suits in 40R available on either the US or UK site and I don't think you've had a run of Benjamin suits manufactured in well over a year. I'll be getting married next year and am hoping to grab one in black to wear during the wedding :)

17. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Ben, @eHaberdasher do you expect to be putting out full canvas jackets that are otherwise similar to the blue label ones you just released anytime soon? Or no?

18. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Are you a size 40r?

I was going to buy that eventually but somebody bought it out from under me! [shakes fist] [​IMG]

PM me if you ever want to resell it.

My tailor had the same reaction as yours to the napoli jackets I bought.

19. jlittlew

jlittlew Member

Posted a couple of months ago with some questions: http://www.styleforum.net/t/69315/www-ehaberdasher-com-affiliate-page/2235

Just to close the loop here: Got the Benjamin Classico II in 34R and it awesome. I don't have a lot of suit experiences, but it is very slim and looks great without being constricting, some kind of crazy magic happening there. Slight tailoring needed in the jacket. The trousers had to be let out in the waste as far as they would go -- and are still a little tight -- so next time I order I might ask about slightly larger trousers. But the size, cut, fabric and overall feel of the suit is wonderful. Very glad I went in this direction.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  20. eHaberdasher

There is a canvas but they are fused but has an unstructured look and feel as it is extremely light and comfortable (assuming it fits well)