1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member

We now have 80 Kiton suits in stock! Many pure cashmere, super 180's, even super 200's and 210's!

2. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

Good to hear. [​IMG]

By the way, I don't quite understand the care instructions of the (100% cotton) Borrelli pants. It says machine wash 30°C is recommended, but then there is also a symbol and the text "Dry clean only". Being unlined, casual but fine cotton pants, I would go for a gentle 30°C wash but the dry clean symbol/text confuses me. [​IMG]

3. Hengo

Hengo Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of borrelli cotton pants, many with the same dry clean tags as yours. I wash them with my shirts (borrelli shirts also tend to have 30 degrees or 35 degrees written on the label) on 40 degrees, and have never had a problem. I live in a place where there is a lot of dust on the streets, and I wash the lightly coloured pants after every two-three uses. They keep the shape and colour very well. The only issue I have had is with a pair of navy pants that keeps coloring everything else I wash them with. I now wash them separately.

4. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

I have a bunch of borrelli cotton pants, many with the same dry clean tags as yours. I wash them with my shirts (borrelli shirts also tend to have 30 degrees or 35 degrees written on the label) on 40 degrees, and have never had a problem. I live in a place where there is a lot of dust on the streets, and I wash the lightly coloured pants after every two-three uses. They keep the shape and colour very well. The only issue I have had is with a pair of navy pants that keeps coloring everything else I wash them with. I now wash them separately.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm also curious; do you iron them to get the crease after washing? I prefer no creases for informal cotton pants (I guess they can be referred to as chinos).

5. Hengo

Hengo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm also curious; do you iron them to get the crease after washing? I prefer no creases for informal cotton pants (I guess they can be referred to as chinos).

Yes, they get ironed (steam iron) each time. I wear them all the time to the office. It is a bit hot here for wool trousers, and no good dry cleaning facilities. So cotton is my best option, and I honestly prefer it to wool anyway.

6. GucciMonster

GucciMonster Senior member

I had the pleasure of dealing with Mike at E-Haberdasher. The quality of the Benjamin Satorial suit is absolutely exquisite. Upon seeing the material you could tell that the suit is of the best quality. Everybody who saw the suit complemented me on it's quality (from the fabric to the stitching). Unfortunately, I did not keep my suit because I suffer from a condition known as slumpy shoulder syndrome (s3) but seriously speaking, I tried the suit in front of tailors and they asked me if it was custom made (again, I assume it was due to the quality)

Anyways, for anyone questioning whether they should pick up a suit from E-Haberdasher - Great quality, great service - great support - I wholeheartedly recommend

7. eHaberdasher

I had the pleasure of dealing with Mike at E-Haberdasher. The quality of the Benjamin Satorial suit is absolutely exquisite. Upon seeing the material you could tell that the suit is of the best quality. Everybody who saw the suit complemented me on it's quality (from the fabric to the stitching). Unfortunately, I did not keep my suit because I suffer from a condition known as slumpy shoulder syndrome (s3) but seriously speaking, I tried the suit in front of tailors and they asked me if it was custom made (again, I assume it was due to the quality)

Anyways, for anyone questioning whether they should pick up a suit from E-Haberdasher - Great quality, great service - great support - I wholeheartedly recommend

Thank you for your endorsement - Mike is a good guy and glad to hear he's doing a good job!

8. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I placed an order for a Caruso suit around 12 hours back and paid with Paypal. I got the paypal receipt but didnt get a confirmation e-mail on the address provided. Is that normal ?

9. eHaberdasher

I placed an order for a Caruso suit around 12 hours back and paid with Paypal. I got the paypal receipt but didnt get a confirmation e-mail on the address provided. Is that normal ?

That should not be.... perhaps it was filtered out - did you check your junk mail? Regardless we will forward your order confirmation email once again.

10. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

That should not be.... perhaps it was filtered out - did you check your junk mail? Regardless we will forward your order confirmation email once again.
    Ben--Any outlook on a new shoe line in teh pipe? Also, can't find any info on your riviera shirt line. Deets? I'm always dfown to try new shirting co's and the price point seems fair. Handwork comparable to the other Neapolitan makers? Cheers mate

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

OK, thanks, got the email confimation as well as the USPS shipping confirmation.

12. luciosilla

luciosilla Active Member

I'd complained earlier about the Benjamin pants that went with my Benjamin 42L jacket had a very short rise. Well, Ben now offers long-rise pants to go with his L-size jackets. Needless to say, I stocked up on pants and a second Benjamin jacket-vest-two-pant combo as well. Only small disappointment: no option to make a functioning cuff in the jacket. Still an extremely good value.

13. eHaberdasher

Ben--Any outlook on a new shoe line in teh pipe?

Also, can't find any info on your riviera shirt line. Deets? I'm always dfown to try new shirting co's and the price point seems fair.

Handwork comparable to the other Neapolitan makers?

Cheers mate

Can't promise anything in the way of shoes right now. Deals come and go so quickly...

The Riviera shirts are nice - I love the fit as they are more trim with a double darted back. While they feature hand attached features(like the collar, buttons, sleeves, cuffs), I still would not put them in the same range as Barba/Borrelli. The stitching by the shoulder is a bit more pronounced - some may like it, others who want everything subtle likely will not. Fabrics aren't quite as nice as the Borrelli shirts we are offering either. That being said, we are happy to offer them in size scale and they are lesser priced than the Borrelli's and even Truzzi's that we have. These Riviera's have a little more fashion/style - along with the trimmer fit notice the squared buttons. I wouldn't say they're worth the 240 euro retail, but for $119.99 they're a nice shirt. We have sold several dozen and only 2 were returned (due to a shipping error on our part).

14. eHaberdasher

I'd complained earlier about the Benjamin pants that went with my Benjamin 42L jacket had a very short rise. Well, Ben now offers long-rise pants to go with his L-size jackets. Needless to say, I stocked up on pants and a second Benjamin jacket-vest-two-pant combo as well. Only small disappointment: no option to make a functioning cuff in the jacket. Still an extremely good value.

No option for functional sleeve buttons on the jacket? That should not be - the sleeves are basted and certainly allow for functional cuffs - please clarify or feel free to email us directly. Thanks...

15. luciosilla

luciosilla Active Member

No option for functional sleeve buttons on the jacket? That should not be - the sleeves are basted and certainly allow for functional cuffs - please clarify or feel free to email us directly. Thanks...

The first Benjamin jacket I bought, in the navy 150s fabric, had buttonholes which could be made functional; the second, in the charcoal 140s, did not. Still a fantastic value, though.

16. bananananana

bananananana Senior member

That makes no sense. You're supposed to get the sleeves hemmed by your tailor and have him make the button holes for you.

17. eHaberdasher

The first Benjamin jacket I bought, in the navy 150s fabric, had buttonholes which could be made functional; the second, in the charcoal 140s, did not. Still a fantastic value, though.

Strange - all the Benjamins we have all have basted sleeves that are uncut and the sleeves are all prepared (vented) so that they can accomodate functional sleeve buttonholes. By the way, we did stumble upon 2 gunmetal 42L Maestro jackets (one is actually a full suit) that are not on the site - if interested email me... since I know you already have the vest and pleated pants...

18. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ben, have a suggestion for you. On the description page for the Benjamin suits on the ehaberdasher site, is it possible to post a link to the benjaminclothing site? That site has a lot of information that is not included in the suit description, including features and construction. I have to keep finding one of your posts to link back to benjaminclothing....

19. eHaberdasher

Ben, have a suggestion for you. On the description page for the Benjamin suits on the ehaberdasher site, is it possible to post a link to the benjaminclothing site? That site has a lot of information that is not included in the suit description, including features and construction. I have to keep finding one of your posts to link back to benjaminclothing....

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll get someone to do that once we get a chance... the only other detail not found on the site is that we use corozo buttons too... but I believe it is on each suit description...