1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

I told Ben I'd have my wife take some better fit pics of my Classico II navy suit to post in the thread.

Here they are, as promised.

My wife says she can do much better though—I insisted we take them when the lighting was difficult, so she did as best she could, but she can do much better.

Anyway, here you go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Looks fantastic - great pics and thanks for sharing!

3. althanis

althanis Senior member

Is that the same as the dark navy on the site right now?

I'd like to get a 36R navy in a hurry, but the only one available is a short. As the sleeves are unfinished, would the sleeve length matter much? Could I make the shorter sleeve on the 36S work, if I were fine with the shorter length?

I need it in a hurry because I'm only in the US for a few days and I'd like to be able to order it and try it out to see if it fits, before I return to toronto.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. eHaberdasher

I don't think we will offer more Riviera jackets in the future as they did not do well. That being said we are looking for other similarly cut Neapolitan brands with a similar cut in to offer in the same price range.

5. eHaberdasher

Yes this is the same navy on the site. When is your window in the US? We are having more shipped next week. But if you think the short could work for you by all means you are welcome to give it a go. Sleeves are unfinished and can indeed be shortened or lengthened as needed.

6. cgo

cgo Senior member

That's a shame about the riviera and I'm surprised they don't do well given that they have a really nice Neapolitan cut and fabric

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

I'm here till Saturday, but I'm unavailable Tuesday and Wednesday. So I think ill order the 36S navy to check shoulders, colour and length. If everything but the length is good I can always return it and wait for the 36R to come in stock and buy from canada. I just can't afford international shipping to canada and duties and then international shipping back if it doesn't fit.

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Wow, that truly looks fantastic. I keep telling Ben I'm going to buy one of these, but I keep getting distracted - often with other things from his site!

That's a shame. They look great.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  9. facet

facet Senior member

that's a shame and a little surprising. I've been really happy with mine as it's ended up being my favourite sportcoat and best fitting. Good luck on the search for a replacement.

10. cgo

cgo Senior member

+1 I really wish I have access to more 36R

11. erk

erk Senior member

12. Barium

Barium Member

I think I bought one of the last 36R Riviera SCs you had. I was on the fence about it for a while. The thing was, it cost about the same as a Benjamin suit, and I knew nothing about Riviera and couldn't really find any information on them. It's not like it was Isaia or something that I could probably just resell if I didn't like it. After I got it though, I was glad I did. It's really nice quality and fits like it was made for me. Not having to drop another $50-$100 on tailoring was really helpful. Would I buy another if you offered them? I might, if it filled a niche in my wardrobe. I'm much more likely to now that I know how nice they are.

13. eHaberdasher

Yeah personally I love the fit and quality as well - admittedly the 10cm lapels are just SLIGHTLY bigger than I prefer, but the 38R fits me to a T without any alterations at all. We're still sitting on a bunch of them - will probably have to mark down even further. I'll be on the hunt again next week as I'm headed back to Napoli... wish me luck!

14. eHaberdasher

You mean you're one of the 10% of Styleforum that doesn't wear a Small or Medium?!

The Drumohr stuff we just put up yesterday is SAWEET. I'm wearing a button shirt today - so comfortable and the fit is spot on. They run a little small - I usually wear 15.5 but the 15.5 Drumohr slim fit was too tight - the 15.75 is perfect for me though!

15. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I sure wish there were Benjamin Summer Suits. I need something in a light gray, wool/linen or cotton/linen, half-lined.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  16. erk

erk Senior member

A lot of it looks really nice, and just in time for summer.

The jacket I linked above is listed as small but with these measurements I'm really tempted:
    Chest: 44.5"
    Shoulders: 19.5"
    Sleeve from shoulder: 29.5 "
    Length from bottom of neck: 27.5"

It seems more like a M/L, no?

My 40L Benjamin suit fits quite well.

17. eHaberdasher

Sorry... Hopefull I'll have them ready for next spring/summer....

18. eHaberdasher

It's possible it would fit you quite well - they do seem to be cut full.

19. razl

razl Senior member

Just thought I'd mention that:

• erk's comment made me check out the link
    • I liked the jacket, saw it was Drumohr and was surprised it was a jacket (though very sweater like) and that it was cotton. I've only ever seen them do wool stuffs...
    • Decided to search for other Drumohr stuffs and found the shirts. Hmmm...
    • Saw the white, casual, cotton/linen 15.75; double checked the measurements and - snag! - it's in my cart and bought.

I've never seen Drumohr stuff other than wool/cash sweaters and have always been impressed. I am looking forward to this!

I thought maybe some insight into the buyer's mind might help explain "geez, we just listed the stuff and somebody already bought that shirt?" - that's how it happens :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. cgo

cgo Senior member

In that case I really wish you all the luck :)