1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

For the 2 jackets that you linked to above you can definitely wear through April at least, in my opinion. I suppose I should change the descriptions to Fall/Winter/Spring...

2. eHaberdasher

Yes, still plan to do so - just so many different things going on I haven't had a chance to devote to doing that, but definitely will be offering beyond the solids basics we have.

3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

So any other SCs coming our way? Perhaps some half-lined wool that can be worn a little more year round? I love those jackets, but don't buy far enough out to prepare for 2 seasons away...

1 person likes this.
  4. eHaberdasher

Still waiting for the test run of the tweaked models... once the models are good I'll start cranking out some more.

5. Riva

Riva Senior member

Half lined, no padding ala those bright colored linen blend summer jackets from the usual italians (Sartorio, Boglioli, Isaia...). I know I'd be getting at least 3 pieces.

6. zonda600

zonda600 Well-Known Member

I'm a long-time lurker of Styleforum, but this is my first post. I first wanted to thank the community for informing me of great options for quality clothing like eHaberdasher and suits from Benjamin. I recently purchased a navy Classico II and, like others, believe it to be a fantastic suit for the money. I have always struggled to find clothes that fit properly due to my size (5'9", 130 pounds) - even with alterations - and am pleased to report that the Classico in 34R is great for thin gents like myself. It is currently at the tailor for minor alterations (hemming, shortening the sleeves, and letting out the waist a bit), but I'll post some fit pics next week if anyone is interested. I am thrilled with the suit and hope to order more from Ben over the coming months and years.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  7. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

I wore my jacket (black/white/orange/red check - pics posted earlier in the thread) today. It is moderately warmer than a regular wool jacket. I expect to be able to wear it through the first 2/3 of spring until the temperature consistently reaches the mid-high teens. I feel like the one I have is made more seasonal based on the appearance of the fabric than the actual weight of the jacket. To me it's a bit more of a winter jacket.

I got 5 more complements on the jacket today including one from the best dressed guy at the firm.

Assuming I get good news soon, I'm going to buy this. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Those new Lardini sport coats are a steal. I have one of their unconstructed sport coats, and it is good quality and has an outstanding fit. These guys know how to do unlined sport coats right. Starting at $300, plus with working buttons, they are a real nice value.

While I'm here, I've long thought that the neckties Ben sells under the Benjamin brand are one of the biggest bargains on his site. (Well, maybe after the suits). For $25 or $40, they are an amazing value. I've purchased a few, and I don't think I've seen any ties under $100 that I would prefer over these (I mean, other than the <$100 ties Ben himself sells, that retail for ~$200-$300). You guys should jump on these before they're gone (since I already have mine...) Actually, Ben, I hope you get fabric to make more ties in the future.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Re: Lardini jackets ... spot blown. :(

10. althanis

althanis Senior member

Sort of how you were kind of a jerk and posted that guy's comment to your blog? The guy who asked you not to? Wait, that was worse than this actually.

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Well, he did send out an email announcing Lardini as new arrivals, so I didn't regard it as a secret.

But also, I'd like eHaberdasher to do well. Not only is Ben a true gentleman, but he sells great stuff. The more success he has selling his inventory, the more great things he will continue finding for us. I see it as good for everyone.

12. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Yeah, about that? It was an accident.

On my phone's Tumblr app, the question got cut off at the "<" in "<$20", so I didn't see his tip AND I didn't see he asked me not to reveal it until after it was posted. I deleted the post as soon as I saw what happened, and I sent him an apology note. Total accident. I try not to be a jerk.

You're welcome to corroborate my story with him. User name is productoftheinternet.

13. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Not everyone's on the email list ....

And I was totally kidding. I want Ben to succeed, too.

I was pretty happy to see some of the Lardinis have sleeves with attached, non-functional buttons. The functional cuffs aren't fun to deal with if you need sleeves shortened.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Yeah, I realized that later.

They do leave some room to shorten the sleeves, but I can see that they might not work for everybody. I'm fortunate to have "standard" length arms, so I didn't really think about that.

You and I agree - they are great jackets.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  15. jzmagic

jzmagic New Member

So I just found out about ehaberdasher and have a few questions. Is the location in NJ a store where you can try on the suits? Also what slim fit suits would you recommend that would fit an athletic 5'7 build about 165-170 pounds with broad shoulders & upper chest, very small waist (29-30 inch) and thick thighs and calves? Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  16. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Any idea on when the half-canvassed Benjamin suits are happening?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  17. Riva

Riva Senior member

Actually I'm waiting for a spring themed Benjamin sportcoats that are unpadded and unlined (or half). That'd be awesome.

18. mxtwoforty

mxtwoforty Active Member

Ben,

I recently ordered a pair of classico II trousers and found them to be significantly tighter (in both the seat and legs) than the prior cut - did you change the model significantly?

19. eHaberdasher

Sorry I have been traveling back and forth, and will be traveling again tomorrow (Amsterdam with the wife and kids for a few days!)

The NJ location is only a commercial office/warehouse - not a store. That being said the tailor across the street hangs a few of our garments - if you email service@ehaberdasher.com they can make sure what you're interested is there waiting for you at the tailor and you can set up a day/time with the tailor to swing by. He's a great guy - old school Italian named Lee (short for Pasquale - which he hates). Based on your size/height are you about a 42S (just a guess)? For most of the Benjamin suits we can swap out the trousers for a smaller size - if you have thick thighs/calves you might fare best with 32's and have the waist nipped a bit - certainly better than 35/36" waist trousers that normally come with that size.

20. eHaberdasher

Time... need more time. At this point don't hold your breath - I am still more focused on the Sartorial (fully canvassed) line...