Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Displacement

Displacement Senior member

Timeless- I apologize but I forgot to get the photos before dropping the tux off at my tailor. Her feedback was exhaustive and the biggest problem with my suit is that my left shoulder is slightly higher than my right. It's throwing off the whole fit and explains why 1. it fit more snugly on my left side than right and 2. the buttonhole didn't line up with the button. I'll post a pic of my Anthony trousers anyway in case it helps, I just have to remember to post it tonight.

I'm 6' even and I got the 50R

Last edited: May 13, 2013

2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Here's a sample of the Napoli model in a suit... almost no shoulder padding... I feel like I'm wearing NOTHING I should call this model "Niente" it's so light! But what do you guys think? Too casual a shoulder for a suit? I like it but curious to hear what you guys have to say... will also be posting on a different natural shoulder suit thread I started a few months back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I think that shoulder is fine on a suit, especially on more summery fabrics.

I can't tell if it's camera perspective or what, but it seems a little "top heavy" with a low button stance. Probably just the camera angle.

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Looks good. A natural shoulder like that is good for guys with high shoulders who don't need that much padding.

I have high shoulders, and RLBL looks ridiculous on me. My favourite fits are Zegna Milano and BB Milano.

5. eHaberdasher

Yes probably the angle

6. facet

facet Senior member

That looks good Ben. So will that be the model for the new SCs? I've forgotten.

7. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Beautiful as is.

If I were to get nit-picky -- I'd like the lapel gorge a bit lower (lined up your collar points), the button stance a smidge lower (I like showing more tie and shirt), and maybe a barchetta breast pocket.

Still like it as is, though.

The right arm seems a bit indented just below the shoulder. I actually have that problem, too, on most jackets I try on (including the Benjamin Classicos and Granoros)... think either due to narrow shoulders or slightly hunched forward posture (desk job, on the computer a lot).

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The fit's not great, but the natural shoulders look alright. the slope of his shoulder are probably just unusual.

9. eHaberdasher

Yes same model as upcoming sport jackets. I do tend to feel this shoulder is better for odd jackets, but may try it in suits... haven't decided yet. With the finer fabric used for suits, there is little to no room for error in the fit of the shoulder for such a model, but I do like it personally.

10. eHaberdasher

I am lowering the button stance by 1 cm. As for the barchetta breast pocket I asked but they won't do it. I tend to prefer the higher lapel gorge - I know it's personal preference and some people hate it, but this is a design aspect that I like right now and don't intend to change in any time soon.

11. malwear

malwear Senior member

When will the sportcoats be available? I know you've answered this before, but it seems to keep changing.

12. eHaberdasher

Maybe the answer should be "I'm not sure yet"... sorry - I'm just as anxious to have them available as many of you guys are!

13. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

So I got my suit in the mail today. Ordered a 50L and the jacket is perfect, but the trousers are too tight in the top block. So I have three options and would like your opinion on which you think would be best:

1. Return in favor of a 52L (different color, but still one I like) and take in jacket.

2. Have a tailor try and let the trousers out (not sure if there's enough material; had trouble closing them and most of the pulling is at the seat.

3. Look into swapping just pants. The suit I got is the navy, is the fabric exactly the same as the navy separates (plain, not herringbone)? I didn't see a plain navy in a 52 anything (r, l or s) but did see 36 in the separates section.

14. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Understood. I like a high gorge, too -- I'm 5'7" and can use all the help I can get to lengthen vertical lines! The sample's gorge is higher than I prefer, but certainly not a deal-breaker for me.

Glad you're lowering the button stance. :)

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

[​IMG]