1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Really? For saying something nice about Ben's suits in his thread? [​IMG]

I don't think so [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice - you just made my day! Just for that I'll keep a special eye out for cotton fabrics - anything in particular in mind? :fistbump:

3. eilay

eilay Well-Known Member

Ben, I saw a few pages back that you were planning to update the Classico II model with a slightly wider lapel and tighter shoulder. Do you have an estimated timeframe for that? Thanks!

4. stifler

stifler Senior member

What?!?! The lapel size is perfect. I do think the shoulders can be slightly tighter though.

Ben, my foray into cotton suits has been primarily through Brooks Brothers and J. Crew and I have no idea what type of cotton they use (only that it's Italian cotton or cotton twill). I think a light tan color and mid-navy color would be great for the Summer in the Classico II fit (it'll easily sell out).

Thanks!

5. eHaberdasher

Doing a test run - hope to have a FEW in the next 4-6 weeks.

6. eHaberdasher

Some think our shoulders are too wide, others think they're too narrow... life would be a lot easier if everyone was 5'10" 165 lbs and a 40R! :happy:

Will keep a lookout next time I'm in Biella for cottons.

7. eHaberdasher

8. eHaberdasher

In light of the fact that we have lots of stuff on our UK site that we don't have on our US site, we are going to make a few shipments of stuff in the next week... and taking requests! We would ship requested items over to the US then have them on our US site for you. Feel free to post/respond and/or email service@ehaberdasher.co.uk - please provide links AND product numbers! Prices will for the most part be equivalent to what you see on our US site - if you have any questions on specific items please feel free to email us service@ehaberdasher.co.uk.

Cheers,

Ben

www.ehaberdasher.co.uk

9. eilay

eilay Well-Known Member

Does that include size 34s? Hoping to nab a new 34R/L soon if the shoulders are a bit tighter than current 34s.

10. trailer36

trailer36 Senior member

Hopefully one or two in a 43/44 long. I need a new solid navy suit very badly.

11. eHaberdasher

Probably not that size in the test run... sorry... but did you see this sweet Castangia in a 34R? Castangia happens to run kinda long also... this might work nicely for you.

http://www.ehaberdasher.co.uk/servlet/the-1524/Castangia-Suit-cln--34R/Detail

12. eHaberdasher

13. eilay

eilay Well-Known Member

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ben,

Is this the Napoli suit that you are wearing in these pictures? I know I've asked before about your stock of 40R in this model, but I got distracted.. and actually, I see something else on your site I like, too. But still curious...

15. eHaberdasher

OK - patience, my friend.

16. eHaberdasher

That's the Napoli, which is shorter than the Classico by a smidge. I am modifying the Napoli also, though. Probably narrowing the shoulder by 1cm and also the sleeves a bit as well. Only one Napoli suit left in a 37/38S, although I have to check with Colleen to see if there are a few more hanging around that aren't on the site... still interested in the 50R?

1 person likes this.
  17. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Thanks, Ben. I'll shoot you an email.

18. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

In the market for a solid navy suit. 90% sure I'll buy the Benjamin. I'll probably decide in the next week or two. Perhaps it's been answered before, but is it a fairly structured garment or does it have softer shoulders, etc.? In the absence of a great deal on eBay for a Corneliani or Samuelsohn or something along those lines, it seems like a slam dunk purchase to me. Super 140s does seem a bit high to me, but I'm sure with the frequency that I'll wear it, it'll hold up.

19. facet

facet Senior member

There is some padding; but it's pretty light such that I'd definitely say it's on the softer side of things. Yeah, don't even think twice about it; it's a great suit for the money.

1 person likes this.
  20. Riva

Riva Senior member

If you ever do, I think you'll want to leave the sleeves buttons uninstalled as fake buttonholes always leave some marks on cotton when removed. We'd rather hem and finish them ourselves.