• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWChan Online Shirt - critique my first order

tanalasta

Reaction score
After searching styleforum for a reliable shirtmaker that does affordable M2M, I finally settled upon WWChan and thought I'd share my experiences. I would also like a critique of the fit for any recommendations for my next order.

I am overall very happy with my first attempt at M2M ordering, using self-measurements (a mix of measuring my best shirts and also using a tape on myself). The only changes perhaps would be to increase the chest 0.5", shorten the sleeves 0.25" and bring in the hip 0.5".

I ordered on 30th August and received my completed item to Australia in exactly three weeks. The online ordering process was simple, although I feel the interface - especially fabric selection could be modernised further. It is quite difficult to assess a fabric based on a small picture without seeing and feeling it in person.

My initial impressions were good. Reasonable quality cotton (Thomas Mason broadcloth 2x100's) and MOP buttons for the price. Stitching and fit was certainly better than 'off the rack' for what could be purchased for $100US in Australia. It is near impossible to find slim-fitting shirts for a 15" collar and 33" chest with 23.5" sleeves off the rack here! I can't comment on pattern matching for a solid white shirt. However, the buttonholes, seams seemed to be well made - although time will tell whether WWChan's 'special needle with 22 stiches per inch' will last
laugh.gif

I forgot to ask for removable collar stays and was surprised to find that the ones in the collar were stitched in. I don't think I need to ask for high armholes, the ones on the slim-fit are quite snug. I should also note my right shoulder slopes lower than the left (probably the reason for the diagonal lines).

I think once I have some opinions (and for those who have ordered from WWChan before - fabric recommendations) I'll order again.

*I know I should iron and wash the shirt first but I really wanted to try it on. I've been frustrated with literally swimming in my off-the-rack Aussie shirts for so long*

*edited slightly - added more info*

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric ripples diagonally from the armpit to the neck. I think it's probably just a bit to snug in the chest. Since the shirt isn't laundered yet, I'd expect this problem only to get worse. Wash and dry it a few times and then post another picture.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what if he just has naturally droopy shoulders? Does chan take that measurement into account?

AZTEC

Reaction score
sleeves could be a tad shorter and the body a tad longer.

AZTEC

AZTEC

Reaction score
FORGOT TO SAY....nice kirlian aura.

AZTEC

tanalasta

Reaction score
Okay... thanks for the opinions

I naturally have droopy shoulders with a right shoulder more so than the left.

I will ask for 'sloping shoulders and long neck' on my next shirt and also extend the chest measurement 0.5" to 33.5" as well as adjusting the sleeves.

Do people think I got the shoulder measurement correct?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
always wash the shirt once or twice before asking opinions. at least he buttoned the collar.

sleeves are too long.
you need to account for your sloping shoulders.
add more to the chest and ask them to raise the armhole slightly and narrow the sleeves a bit.
the pocket seems huge. either loose the pocket or ask them to reduce the size of the pocket.

Carl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads