• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan - Bespoke vs. MTM

emc894

Reaction score
If you bring a suit needing alterations to your fitting, what is the process?

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emc894
If you bring a suit needing alterations to your fitting, what is the process?

Patrick will make notes. You send the garment back to Hong Kong at your expense. Chan returns it to you at theirs.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn:
I will tell him he's full of **** and demand the REAL prices!

Lonneker wrote:
I am not sure I understand the negative approach you seem to imply here; it would hardly make any (business) sense for them to quote different customers different prices for the same cloth and work. Therefore, I would strongly advise you to not take that approach but perhaps to be more specific in your questions re fabric.

I was joking, L.

Regardless ... mystery solved! This just came in over the wires 20 minutes ago:

Dear Mr xxxx

I'm sorry for my colleague's typing mistake for overcoat price. All wool overcoat from JJ Minnis is at US$1,541 and pure cashmere from JJ Minnis is at US$3,398. For your information,

2pcs suit from H.Lesser super 120's with cashmere (10oz) is US$1,759.
2pcs suit from JJ Minnis Savile Row Classic super 120's & cashmere (10oz) is US$1,497.
Trousers from JJ Minnis flannel is US$466
Trousers from VBC flannel is US$368.

Best regards

Arnold Wong
Sales Department - Hong Kong

So there ya go.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
Dear Mr xxxx I'm sorry for my colleague's typing mistake for overcoat price. All wool overcoat from JJ Minnis is at US$1,541 and pure cashmere from JJ Minnis is at US$3,398. For your information, 2pcs suit from H.Lesser super 120's with cashmere (10oz) is US$1,759. 2pcs suit from JJ Minnis Savile Row Classic super 120's & cashmere (10oz) is US$1,497. Trousers from JJ Minnis flannel is US$466 Trousers from VBC flannel is US$368. Best regards Arnold Wong Sales Department - Hong Kong
anyone have an opinion on Minnis vs. Lesser vs. Harrisons for 10 oz cashmere/wool blends?

Lowndes

Reaction score
What is considered "easy to fit"? YFYF made the comment several posts back that he is relatively easy to fit and therefore might have different results than someone who is harder to fit (or just needs less fittings).

Does it boil down to easy to fit = slim; and harder to fit = not so slim?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
What is considered "easy to fit"? YFYF made the comment several posts back that he is relatively easy to fit and therefore might have different results than someone who is harder to fit (or just needs less fittings).

I took it as "easy to fit" meaning he could fit OTR sizes pretty good.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

average build i would guess. if off the rack usually fits well then id imagine youd be easy to fit. if you have a large torso, one sloping shoulder, bad posture and a pigeon chest you would probably be hard to fit.

for what its worth, i received my first ww chan, which i had fitted in HK four weeks ago. i had measurement and two fittings in 3 days and received the suit 4 weeks later. will post fit pics later but i am happy with the results - i would probably be closer to the 'hard to fit' catagory. definitely think a trip to HK is warrented if you plan to use Chan for many future commisions.

(its a great city to visit anyway)

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
average build i would guess. if off the rack usually fits well then id imagine youd be easy to fit. if you have a large torso, one sloping shoulder, bad posture and a pigeon chest you would probably be hard to fit.

for what its worth, i received my first ww chan, which i had fitted in HK four weeks ago. i had measurement and two fittings in 3 days and received the suit 4 weeks later. will post fit pics later but i am happy with the results - i would probably be closer to the 'hard to fit' catagory. definitely think a trip to HK is warrented if you plan to use Chan for many future commisions.

(its a great city to visit anyway)

Oh ok.

I am going to be using Gordon Yao for my bespoke commissions and will be getting measured this weekend in SF. First bespoke experience so am quite excited about it. Going to complete the process in Hong Kong to have the fittings, etc. And yes I've heard it is an awesome city and am really excited to explore it for 6 days or so.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have fun
smile.gif

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is considered "easy to fit"? YFYF made the comment several posts back that he is relatively easy to fit and therefore might have different results than someone who is harder to fit (or just needs less fittings). Does it boil down to easy to fit = slim; and harder to fit = not so slim?
An easy fit usually = fits OTR sizes without too many problems. Harder fits would involve things like: very sloped shoulders, very full chest, very pronounced posterior, very wide hips, the list goes on. Making it fit as well as keeping the entire jacket or outfit in proportion is tricky. Parker has always been a "remote" customer and I find his stuff fits beautifully.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh ok.

I am going to be using Gordon Yao for my bespoke commissions and will be getting measured this weekend in SF. First bespoke experience so am quite excited about it. Going to complete the process in Hong Kong to have the fittings, etc. And yes I've heard it is an awesome city and am really excited to explore it for 6 days or so.

Wow, same exact situation as me! First bespoke, will get measured in SF by Yao, then fitted in HK in August... so is 6 days in HK enough you think? Also, did you schedule a time with Yao in SF? I tried to, but he said just to call him whenever I arrive... I hope we don't arrive at the same time
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads