• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wunder Leathers NYC - Leather Motorcycle Jacket

magnum13th

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was considering getting a Wunder Leathers NYC leather jacket. As of October 2015 they're a small company that only make one model of motorcycle jacket, similar in style to the classic Schott Perfecto or the newer model double rider TOJ (Falcon Garments), and others. They make subtle design tweaks however that they discuss on their website (in an interview with another website).

I was wondering if anyone has bought this leather jacket from this brand, and had any opinions on quality and fit? I imagine since hey are newer, there might not be as much opinion regarding longevity, however the owner does mention on their website "we're entirely made in New York by experienced leather jacket workmen"

Photos can be seen on their website:
http://www.wunderleathersnyc.com

Thanks!

magnum13th

Reaction score
a quote from the website:
"Wunder Leathers was birthed out of our search for the ONE, functional, high quality, perfect fitting leather motorcycle jacket. The ONE, perfect, staple jacket that you will own your whole life and will be passed onto your kids, grandkids, and great grandkids.
We believe the motorcycle jacket is the toughest and most iconic fashion staple that has ever been created. It always was and still is a symbol of rebellion, and over the years it has morphed into THE uniform of Rock’N’Roll, which is why we fell in love with it and took on the task of perfecting it.
Our jacket was co-designed and manufactured in the USA by the designers and makers of the original motorcycle jacket in the 1920’s. We thought out every small detail thoroughly, from the inside out. We worked together for over a year morphing and revising the best design elements of traditional American and English motorcycle jackets, then we modernized and perfected the fit without sacrificing function or quality.
We think we landed on a finished product that is pretty incredible. We believe it is the best balance of function, fashion, and quality that you will be able to find in your search for the ONE perfect motorcycle jacket."

(Here are some photos from the website)

I think overall it's definitely a very nice style, similar. They've mentioned certain design decisions, such as making the jacket longer, that definitely improves the overall look. Maybe the biggest factor would be that they use a "buttery-soft mid-weight pebbled cowhide", with the idea that it feels as soft as lamb, however will be more durable in the long term. I personally like the pebbled look too, in that it is not too shiny from the outset while still retaining a low level of sheen, and certainly looks like it molds to your body and isn't too stiff (if this is what you want from your leather jacket, without spending years wearing it in).

Thoughts anyone? It definitely seems like a pretty great product

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Small point, but I prefer a two-way zipper on a jacket with a longer length like that.

magnum13th

Reaction score
Haha nah I live in Australia...
But it's okay, you're a passive aggressive man approaching/beyond middle age who's a bit bored with life coz things have become a bit routine, so you go onto forums to troll/put down people with comments you would never have the balls to say in real life, but the internet is anonymous so it's all good! I'll let you have this one haha

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha nah I live in Australia...
But it's okay, you're a passive aggressive man approaching/beyond middle age who's a bit bored with life coz things have become a bit routine, so you go onto forums to troll/put down people with comments you would never have the balls to say in real life, but the internet is anonymous so it's all good! I'll let you have this one haha

Um...that was a disproportionate reaction. If you come onto this forum, (or, really any forum) and aggressively promote a new product, you'll be accused of shilling for the company.

Regardless, another possible entry into filling the ToJ void. $800 for US made SOUNDS good on paper, and I agree that pebbled finish gets you away from the 1 percenter vibe.

magnum13th

Reaction score
Um...that was a disproportionate reaction. If you come onto this forum, (or, really any forum) and aggressively promote a new product, you'll be accused of shilling for the company.

Regardless, another possible entry into filling the ToJ void. $800 for US made SOUNDS good on paper, and I agree that pebbled finish gets you away from the 1 percenter vibe.

it sure was disproportionate! however;
- With 3 clicks and 30 seconds and they could've seen my only other post onto this forum was 1 year ago regarding having just bought a MTM suit from a brand based solely in Australia. I am obviously unaffiliated with a tiny leather jacket company based in NYC.

- Styleforum has a reputation among other similar platforms for having the wanky, eliteist, and arrogant "1%"ers as you put it, so it's disappointing to get that response early in the only thread I've opened. What can you expect though I guess... My experiences on other forums is that is the vast majority of people will be polite and ask if I am representing the brand or not, and tbh 99% of people will answer honestly.

Anyway, yeah the jacket seems pretty similar to a lot of standard double moto jackets on the market.

The big issue i've been undecided on is the pebbled leather, but yeah like you said in real life it does look less 'saint-laurent' and 'high-fashion' polished (fine if that's the look you want obviously). I think it would be most important to see it in real life, as seeing it move and flow is a lot more indicative than a photo.

After that, it only leaves the construction quality. You put it really well that "made in brooklyn", it seems good on paper, but who really knows. Hopefully someone on this forum can comment on this. (and also there's fit, but given the measurements it seems and looks fairly standard)

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- Styleforum has a reputation among other similar platforms for having the wanky, eliteist, and arrogant "1%"ers as you put it,  so it's disappointing to get that response early in the only thread I've opened. What can you expect though I guess... My experiences on other forums is that is the vast  majority of people will be polite and ask if I am representing the brand or not, and tbh 99% of people will answer honestly.

Actually the 1 percenter was reference to motorcycle clubs/gangs. http://www.dallasnews.com/news/stat...gangs-like-those-in-waco-are-1-percenters.ece

Nothing to do with style/fashion/or Styleforum.

magnum13th

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads