1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WTF?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jun 12, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Are you kidding? I wonder how many people surfing Bluefly are looking for Brioni Escorial suits. And, for all of those people who say that Bluefly jacks up the retail price, looks like they more than made up for that here.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

How much should that retail price be? I'm not too familiar with the Escorial stuff. Don't forget to buy it through the forum link. [​IMG]

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know, but I don't think that you'll find Brioni in any fabric for much under $4000 at retail nowadays. Escorial would be significantly more expensive.

4. johnnynorman3

I love it. Someone bought it -- Bluefly should send me a commission..

5. j

j Senior member Admin

Hahaha... Boy.. I hope they used the link. I'll split it with you Johnny, how's that? [​IMG]

6. johnnynorman3

Looks like the person put it in the shopping bag and didn't buy it.

7. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

OK - so this is Brioni. What I find disturbing is that there is nothing special about this suit. It could just as well be a Palazzo suit on ebay, judging from the pictures. Generic shoulders, lapels and no shape to the body. I wonder why it ends up on Bluefly?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Crappy photography is usually the simplest, and best, explanation. Take a bad photo (lighting, angle, mannequin, etc...), and a beautiful jacket will look cheap (bad) and boring (worse.) Take a beautiful picture, and you could sell a Mens Wearhouse special for $2K. Your computer screeen cannot convey even details obvious, in person, to the naked eye, much less richness of colors or texture.

You're right. I don't know who in their right mind would buy that Brioni if they had no knowledge of the brand and the silhouette (in person.)

On a related note, maybe the suits were surplus from "The Apprentice"? Someone should ask if a hairpiece is included.