• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WTF: Who will buy these???

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
update to the auction says the matching shoe has been found.

The hell with the size difference, they're two different shoes. Or is one wingtip, one cap toe the latest thing.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
update to the auction says the matching shoe has been found.
Which one?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always found the '1 shoe' auctions weird... who has ever looked for just 1 shoe?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
o_O; Someone actually put that up for auction?

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I always found the '1 shoe' auctions weird... who has ever looked for just 1 shoe?

Arrgggh It's us Retro Sea Captains you green salt dog. We take our hand crafted peg legs seriously! Titanium don't float like wood maytee.

/bad sea captain impersonation.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who will buy these?

probably the same people that buys some of the old, used, disgusting sh*t being sold online. At lease the shoes are new.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Size mismatch could make sense for people with different size feet. But if one is wing-tip and the other cap-toe, and he didn't just use a picture with some other random shoe included, then wtf

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Reaction score
Most of these auctions probably count on the winning bidder's not reading the description very carefully, taking receipt of the shoes, and being too dense to notice.

Putting up a big, tl;dr Wall 'o Text (tm) in an eBay description is a time-honored way of slipping in disclosures about the item's condition that would, if called out plainly and clearly, prevent any reasonably intelligent person from purchasing the item. It's a psychological tactic, and it usually works. It's a very devious way of hiding stuff in plain sight.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pay no attention to the details.

Once, at the end of the day I realized I was wearing two different shoes ... a Weston & a Fenestrier of very similar design & color.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, the full pair is in my size...

I just bought textbooks though, so no thanks. The bank account is still smarting.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didnt Junya x Trickers do a captoe/wingtip pair a couple years ago?
I think they had diff types of leather pieces per shoe too, anyway the size mismatch is too weird.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.