Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wtf...paypal!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by harryx2, Aug 24, 2008.

1. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

So I sold a pair of shoes to a guy in New York. He had a new account. I required immediate payment and his paypal account is verified.

I checked my email today and found this

Dear ...

As a result, the following transaction has been reversed:

Sincerely,
    PayPal

Without any reasoning (only stated is "the as a result") they reversed his payment! No dispute (it has not even been a week since he bought them) no nothing. How could they do it? I mean what the hell is wrong with paypal? As a result of what???

Please any feedback will be appreciated.

2. coogie

coogie Senior member

Email them

It happened to me once and they reversed the reversal when i proved shipping with a shipping receipt to their address

3. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Thankfully i have the receipt and everything, but there was never a dispute or anything. I just found that the money had been reversed. And what's with the "as a result of this" without stating anything? This is totally incoherent!

Thanks for the info, it is a little bit relieving.

4. Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd Senior member

Email them

+1

5. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Emailed them. Lets see...

Anyone else had this problem?

6. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

I just noticed that they have not reversed the total amount, the kind people at paypal have actually kept their fee!!!

I really don't know what to make of this.

7. robin

robin Senior member

Use [email protected] to send a message to - they should get back to you within 24 hours as they hate chargebacks against them. Include the case id, transaction id, and the tracking number and explain the situation. Something similar happened to me in spring, but it was actually the fault of the buyer's bank and he was as surprised as me.

8. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I really hate paypal. Their service is the biggest crock of Sh!T

9. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Thanks Robin. I will do that as well. I wonder why they kept their fee no matter!

I know that paypal is shit, but on ebay you don't get any alternatives, do you???

I wonder who is going to save us!!! [​IMG]

10. smoothie

smoothie Senior member

You can call them as well.

11. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

I need to wait for tom to ring. No sign of the buyer or from them yet.

12. VMan

VMan Senior member

Happened to me on a $550 overseas transaction. Paypal reversed the transaction and sent me a similar email w/o a legitimate explanation. I emailed them and they claimed the money was not withdrawn from my account even though I was looking right at the page saying it was. It was a new user who had purchased tons of high-end clothing in a short span of time and probably using a stolen credit card number.

13. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Happened to me on a $550 overseas transaction. Paypal reversed the transaction and sent me a similar email w/o a legitimate explanation. I emailed them and they claimed the money was not withdrawn from my account even though I was looking right at the page saying it was. It was a new user who had purchased tons of high-end clothing in a short span of time and probably using a stolen credit card number.

And what happened then? Did you get your money back? Shall i try and stop the item from being sent? I know people at the post office. The thing is that the buyer, who is new, contacted me, did not request any urgent shipping and he seems to own a legit fashion business. I still have not heard back from him however.

But pls do tell me what happened with you.

Thank you.

14. VMan

VMan Senior member

And what happened then? Did you get your money back? Shall i try and stop the item from being sent? I know people at the post office. The thing is that the buyer, who is new, contacted me, did not request any urgent shipping and he seems to own a legit fashion business. I still have not heard back from him however. But pls do tell me what happened with you. Thank you.
    I never got the money back, so I just took the loss and chalked it up to the cost of doing business. You could try to stop shipment but usually you are shit out of luck once the package leaves the country and enters another postal system.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I never got the money back, so I just took the loss and chalked it up to the cost of doing business. You could try to stop shipment but usually you are shit out of luck once the package leaves the country and enters another postal system.
    harryx2, this doesn't sound good. Good luck!