• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WTF Mr Porter?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@London I also live in nyc. If you want comfort and durability cp’s are not it lol; all 3 of the more “classic” and cheaper options are better in those aspects.

also i think you are confusing classic with minimalist...
classic meaning I've been wearing them since the mid 00's and will be wearing them for many years to come. they transcend trend

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
classic meaning I've been wearing them since the mid 00's and will be wearing them for many years to come. they transcend trend
Just because something is boring and safe doesn't make it timeless. They are so unrecognizeable on the street no one cares cuz they think they are $20.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ocbd, chinos and white cp's is the timeless IT bro look since mid 2000's

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Come on, this either/ or dichotomy is dumb. There are things that are genuinely trend resistant and CPs are nice sneakers that will probably be relevant for a long time, even if they feel past their prime at this point. You can also like classic men's clothing and appreciate the construction and artistry that goes into weirder stuff, even if that means you won't wear it. This "I'm in this camp and therefore have to hate the other camp" is dumb and the root of so many bad/ stupid things.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its been a common theme for all these hivemind forums

Nigel Ng

Reaction score
Well, Mr Porter has always carry more high end products so the price is understandable. I'm actually really happy with Mr Porter service so far though. Their delivery and customer service is always pretty good and there are some products which go on huge steal sometimes too

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.