• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTF is with chicken nowadays?!?!

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever bought some chicken at the supermarket, brought it home, opened it up and it smells like sun-ripened menses? It's happened to me twice in the past week. Poultry farms are some disgusting places...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by M. Bardamu
Poultry farms are some disgusting places...

It ain't just poultry farms.... Think of pretty much any industrialized agriculture--- whether it's meat or produce.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you seen what they do at veggie farms? I'm a level 5 vegan now, I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Have you seen what they do at veggie farms? I'm a level 5 vegan now, I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

snork[1].gif

I always wondered if your name alluded to that Milhouse. Good to see I'm not the only Simpsons fan 'round here.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was your chicken spoiled? Seriously, even the industrial farmed chicken I get doesn't smell.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's summer, it's hot, I am incredibly OCD about even walking the block to the premium supermarket I frequent and getting it home without the skinless chicken whitening or frosting at the edges. I grab the ice packs and ice my meat purchases (last thing I grab before checking out as well) and then get home as fast as possible to refrigerate it. I always try to grab from the back and as far under as possible (basic supermarket stocking logic, but beating them at their game)....

Then again, I rarely ever eat leftovers, eat most things piping hot or near frozen, and I still get food poisoning like twice a year.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
It's summer, it's hot, I am incredibly OCD about even walking the block to the premium supermarket I frequent and getting it home without the skinless chicken whitening or frosting at the edges. I grab the ice packs and ice my meat purchases (last thing I grab before checking out as well) and then get home as fast as possible to refrigerate it. I always try to grab from the back and as far under as possible (basic supermarket stocking logic, but beating them at their game)....

Then again, I rarely ever eat leftovers, eat most things piping hot or near frozen, and I still get food poisoning like twice a year.

weirdo.jpg

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't know one way or the other. The uncertainty is the very point.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
icing your meat regularly (especially the breasts) are particularly important when you have a Japanese girlfriend who measures out to something like 36-23-34 and neither of you have jobs per se, and just like to make bacon.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I do look like that guy, btw. It's a winning look, trust me.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to ice my meat with one cube.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one

wow you're like a huge *****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads