• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTF is Honda doing??

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I do, however, have an appreciation for well-executed practical automobiles that offer a lot of value and fun factor for the masses. I am therefore a fan of the Fit, of many of the Subaru offerings, and I think the Crosstour, though I don't know much about it, looks like a decent vehicle.

One of the RubeBabes has a Fit; it is an awesome car! It is everything it claims to be and nothing it doesn't aim for. I would consider a Fit were I in the market. Certainly that before one of these cube-looking things.

Another RubeBabe has a Subaru; also an awesome car. Little bastard pulls like a John Deere M.

(And Douglas? I, too, get tired of the rich kids own drive mummy's cars, telling me what is what.)

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Wait - hang on. You're calling the Honda Accord Crosstour ugly - but you drive this?

2010_lincoln_mks_ecoboost_review_images_main.jpg

It looks like Optimus Prime's marsupialed little brother.

(You really should not have pointed me to the Cars We Drive threak.)

Actually that one isn't mine I just drive it once in a while. And yeah I wasn't a fan when they first got it, but I like it now. I drive the MKZ (which you'll find if you go back a bit)

turboman808

Reaction score
Yay, more SF panning of a reliable, nice vehicle because it's not a Porsche by members who have never bought a car themselves.
Sorry but that car is just ugly as sin. If you like then buy one. I'll keep my porsche.
laugh.gif
I was probably the person who said 2 door coupe are stupid. Which they are. However I let my girl pick out the car she wanted and we now have a 2 door honda accord. 2 years later even she realizes it's a stupid car. We are probably going to replace it next year with a Kia Forte. It's a cheap ************* but with the leather option it's a decent little 20 grand car. I am all for using cheap ass cars for the daily grind. Saves me more money for my other cars. No I am not a teenager(an asshole for sure), yes I have 4 cars at the moment if ya count my van, and I still think 2 door coupes are stupid even though I currently own one.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
One of the RubeBabes has a Fit; it is an awesome car! It is everything it claims to be and nothing it doesn't aim for. I would consider a Fit were I in the market. Certainly that before one of these cube-looking things.

Another RubeBabe has a Subaru; also an awesome car. Little bastard pulls like a John Deere M.

(And Douglas? I, too, get tired of the rich kids own drive mummy's cars, telling me what is what.)

96 and still immature as hell. Whoever said I was rich anyway? Becuase my parents bought a car..wow.
sarcasm.gif
If you could, would you not do the same for your kids?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
I was probably the person who said 2 door coupe are stupid. Which they are.

Yes, because the measure of the intelligence of an automobile is directly related to the number of doors.

You fail.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
4...door...coupe... ???

Yeah, that Honda is awful looking (FYI, I mostly drive a 2001 Forester, and I know it looks dorky). I don't know whether to be worried for Douglas, he seems to be taking this very personally. Do you design cars for a living by any chance Douglas?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
96 and still immature as hell. Whoever said I was rich anyway? Becuase my parents bought a car..wow.
sarcasm.gif
If you could, would you not do the same for your kids?

It's just annoying when snot nosed little punks that are still sucking their mommy's dick think they have the right to criticize the choices a grown ass man has to make.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
4...door...coupe... ???
Yeah, that Honda is awful looking (FYI, I mostly drive a 2001 Forester, and I know it looks dorky). I don't know whether to be worried for Douglas, he seems to be taking this very personally. Do you design cars for a living by any chance Douglas?

yeah, they call it a sedan-coupe. A 4-door car that wants to be a 2-door car.

Originally Posted by NorCal
It's just annoying when snot nosed little punks that are still sucking their mommy's dick think they have the right to criticize the choices a grown ass man has to make.

and how did I criticize any of the choices any of these members made? I smiply stated that the car is ugly. Age has nothing to do with perception of beauty and aesthetic preference. God, you're how old and still this stupid? FWIW it seem that grown men have even joined in saying it's ugly. You, sir, are a dickbag.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pannamera pwns all in the hideous deparatment

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, they call it a sedan-coupe. A 4-door car that wants to be a 2-door car.

and how did I criticize any of the choices any of these members made? I smiply stated that the car is ugly. Age has nothing to do with perception of beauty and aesthetic preference. God, you're how old and still this stupid? FWIW it seem that grown men have even joined in saying it's ugly. You, sir, are a dickbag.

I'm not questioning your right to an opinion about beauty, just your right to question why people buy cars or make any of the other decisions they are forced to make as self-sufficient adults, something you know nothing about. By constantly belittling functional cars such as this admittedly ugly ass Honda you are by extension belittling those that make the choice to buy one. What's more, this attitude of yours is not limited to cars, you have a tendency to make judgments, implied and otherwise, about people and the choices they make when you are still just a punk kid living off your parents. Tone it the **** down. It gets annoying after a while
Now don't you have an inner circle to try and beg your way be into?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Furthermore, the concept of a 4-door-coupe is the stupidest thing known to man. CLS and IS both look like shite.
I agree, although I don't feel quite as strongly about it.
laugh.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Honda fan but that is an ugly car.

uvmboi13

Reaction score
I saw one the other day on the road...I pulled up and rolled down the windows and yelled at the guy that his Crosstour was the ugliest thing on the road.

His kids and wife gave me the "Oh crap I'm scared look"

I drove away QUICKLY before he could jump out and beat the crap out of me.
smile.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uvmboi13
I saw one the other day on the road...I pulled up and rolled down the windows and yelled at the guy that his Crosstour was the ugliest thing on the road.

His kids and wife gave me the "Oh crap I'm scared look"

I drove away QUICKLY before he could jump out and beat the crap out of me.
smile.gif

Wow, you're cool, can I E-touch you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads