• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Where can I find size 13.5 or 14 brown dress shoes?

Edward

Reaction score
I wear size 13.5 or 14 shoes, which are very hard to find in my country. I recently bought a pair of black Florsheim dress shoes (moc-toe) in size 13 EEE which fit me very well. But the store which sold them did not have it in brown. And nothing else fit me. Worse, I understand that Florsheim is no longer in business. When I visited the U.S. recently, I couldn't find brown dress shoes in my size in regular shoe stores and I didn't have time to make an extensive search. Where can I find large size shoes for the next time I visit, preferably in the New York City area, or possibly order over the internet?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward
I wear size 13.5 or 14 shoes, which are very hard to find in my country. I recently bought a pair of black Florsheim dress shoes (moc-toe) in size 13 EEE which fit me very well. But the store which sold them did not have it in brown. And nothing else fit me. Worse, I understand that Florsheim is no longer in business. When I visited the U.S. recently, I couldn't find brown dress shoes in my size in regular shoe stores and I didn't have time to make an extensive search. Where can I find large size shoes for the next time I visit, preferably in the New York City area, or possibly order over the internet?

You'll have a tough time finding 13.5s. I'm not sure anyone makes half sizes larger than 12.5 and there aren't many of them.

Allen Edmonds is your best bet. They make most of their high demand shoes in sizes up to 16 and widths up to EEE. You can find them on the internet or in retail locations in NYC.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that size 13.5 to 14 for the US shoes would roughly translate into a size 12.5 to 13 for UK shoes for most brands (such as C&J, Trickers, etc) and size 13 to 13.5 for Edward Green (EG is drop 1/2, not drop a full size).

Alfred Sargent seems to have quite a full run of size 13 UK shoes, and many FX widths. For example, the Alfred Sargent Selkirk is a brown boot offered in size 13 FX, which is probably about a 14 E or EE in the US. Loake and C&J also seem to have some 13 UK's, although many of the C&J's are English E widths, about equivalent to a US D width.

Here are some others:
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/sargent/products/85.php (Brown full brogue wingtip, including 12.5 and 13 UK in FX width)

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/214.php (Loake Braemar - up to size 13 F)

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Alden NY and try on a dress shoe on the barrie last in a 13, which they stock. It is generally accepted that this shoe runs .5 large. You should also ask for anything they have in 13.5 or 14 to learn how their lasts fit you. Then you can find sizes 13.5 and 14 Aldens at theshoemart.com. Here is a link to their size 14 Aldens and their smaller stock of size 13.5 Aldens.

Hope that helps.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward
Set up an ebay search in your size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads