1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

WTB: High quality suiting fabric

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Ed355, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

As titled. I need at least 3 meters if no pattern and 3.5 meters if there is a pattern. Any color is fine, but the cloth needs to be suitable for a suit to be worn in a conservative business environment. Nothing too heavy (anything more than 12 oz would be too heavy, preferably 10 or 11 oz). I would quite like something with a bit of mohair in there so that the cloth is not too soft. I will send the cloth to Gordon Yao for tailoring. Thanks.

2. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

3. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

Thanks. The pattern is not conservative enough for my taste and the weight is too heavy (based on your estimate that it is around 400 grams). I would prefer something in the low 300s in terms of weight.

4. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

I have some Holland & sherry and scabal in grey, super 100's. In around 10oz. but pure wool.
    Are you in HK?

5. rockisshell

rockisshell New Member

It is well known that combed wool are as good as it gets when it comes to materials as well. These will be your gabardines or mid-weight corded wools. They are durable, wear well and generally very good to wear all year. They can be a little lighter or heavier, depending on the armor, but considered medium weight.