• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: H&M Peacoat; willing to pay more than retail

rainmaker

Reaction score
I'm willing to pay more than retail for (a finder's fee, I guess really) the H&M peacoat worn so well by poly800rock in the WAYW thread:
DSC03687.jpg
The size I'm still working out-- around 20 inches pit to pit, maybe plus a bit. I am interested in any other good peacoats as well, so don't hesitate to send me a PM, but I would be in your debt forever if you tracked down this peacoat.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rainmaker

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping an eye out poly, we're on the same page-- I already PMed him earlier. Peacoats at this location are all gone for now, but I am grabbing a striped hoody.

CoryB

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. If anyone finds the LOGG peacoat in a 36, but it. I will certainly buy it from you.

The Grapist

Reaction score
Don't have either coat, but I do have a Viktor & Rolf x H&M coat in size 36, if that strikes either of your fancies.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I'm in the same boat. If anyone finds the LOGG peacoat in a 36, but it. I will certainly buy it from you.

picture please. i'm headed there tomorrow

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Grapist
Don't have either coat, but I do have a Viktor & Rolf x H&M coat in size 36, if that strikes either of your fancies.

for how much you asking?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit, as unlikely as this is, if someone can find me that peacoat in a size 40, I could go for one.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Grapist
I have it on eBay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0544&rd=1&rd=1

SF/ST members get a discount on shipping.
smile.gif

i have that very same one. A friend whose an H&M manager "lost" it in the stockroom till markdown time and used her employee discount for me. Very well made, the collar is so sturdy that I never have cold ears anymore. runs quite slmi though. my 40 would easily be tagged 38 in a different store.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Heh. Could your friend possibly find another?

I wish! I walked into the store to visit her and came across it. It was the only V&R mens at all, and had a handwriten tag, suggesting that it had beena return. It was also on the top of a heap, suggesting that it had been returned very recently and was on its way to the floor. I pointed it out to her, she stashed it for a couple of weeks before "discovering" it. The quality & construction is solid (better sewn and heartier wool than their mainline peacoats I think), but I wouldn't say that it is onbjectively much better than other things in the $200-300 range. Mostly its nice for the fit and the fetish factor of owning a limited edition piece from a high-falutin designer name. Also, It doesn't hurt that I ended up paying less than their upper-end housebrand peacoat. Love the arrow detailing on the collar when its popped.

It's more minimal styled than polyrock's. No epulets or metal clasps to close the lapels and w/o that chest patch thing (which you are supposed to wedge the butt of your rifle against, I guess). Actually i really like polyrock's chest patch, but I think that the V&R version's a bit dressier, a little more city than country (though I guess its a moot point, since a peacoat is more nautical than anything else). All in all, I'm very happy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads