• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Engineered Garments Herringbone Bedford (M)

Calden

Reaction score
Engineered Garments Herringbone Bedford - Medium
I live in Minnesota and since Steve Alan sold out so quick I wasn't able to pick one up. If you live in NY or anywhere else where they're available, I would be happy to pay for the jacket/shipping and give the whoever $50 for the favor. Crossing fingers. Thanks.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if you've tried all the potential EG venues and have failed but in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=bedford timpoblete says that MAC in SF had the Bedford in Herringbone. check post #16. granted that was awhile ago. you can also try Odin NY which is a store that LAGuy has mentioned as an EG stockist. they've got two locations. here's the URL: http://www.odinnewyork.com/ and don't forget Gary at Drinkwater's. http://www.drinkwaterscambridge.com/ the first time i called Gary i was looking for the EG Pathfinder jacket. they didn't have it but he called up Daiki at EG and asked if any of the US retailers had the jacket. unfortunately, the answer was a 'no' but needless to say, Gary is very cool. and you might want to try calling www.hejfina.com and www.peasantonline.com. hope this helps. -Jeff

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither Gary or MAC has the Herringbone Bedford in M. MAC does have a medium of the Black wool bedford though, if you're willing to compromise on color. And whatever Peasant has on their website is their inventory. Other than that, the only overseas website that doesn't show that it's sold out, although you have to contact them to find out about their stock, is Nalu: http://translate.google.com/translat...icial%26sa%3DN To get that one, you'll have to pm 2000db, who can order it for you for a 10% markup plus shipping.

Calden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Have you tried the various Barneys and Barney's Co-ops around the country, Relish in DC, or Stuart & Wright in Brooklyn?

No, I haven't tried any these places. I didn't think Barney's carried EG and I've never heard of Relish or Stuart & Wright. I've tried every other place mentioned though. I just sent 2000DB an email and he's checking to see if he can get it from the website timpoblete mentioned, thanks by the way. If that doesn't work I'll try giving those places a call. Thanks.

2000dB

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's available on that website, I just want to make sure it is
smile.gif
I should receive news soonish.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chalk that up to me too

wanna buy the herringbone in a size small.

2000dB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
chalk that up to me too wanna buy the herringbone in a size small.
Never mind, I found a size small. I'll PM you

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those japanese prices hurt so ******* bad though....doesnt it seem a little ******* ridiculous that a garment made in NYC is impossible to find in the USA and readily available in JAPAN!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
those japanese prices hurt so ******* bad though....doesnt it seem a little ******* ridiculous that a garment made in NYC is impossible to find in the USA and readily available in JAPAN!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Heheheh... Well, you have to remember two things. First is that Engineered Garments is the American arm of Nepenthes, a Japanese company. Second is that the Japanese are a lot more into clothes that North Americans, in general. Also, Japanese retailers are great to deal with. They buy in volume, rather than in the small quantities American retailers (especially boutiques) generally want, and they pay more promptly than anyone else, pretty much across the board.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads