• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Cheap cellphone

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a decent cell phone they wouldn't mind parting with? I noticed some of you guys have been getting new cellphones and I found out yesterday that I DESPERATELY need a new one.

I'm currently rolling with a blackberry 7230 or something like that. I don't need email/blackberry functions, so really any phone that works would be chill. I don't want to spend more than $100.

Anyway, my mom called me yesterday and told me that my phone randomly connects to my dad's cellphone, usually when I'm talking to someone else. So it becomes a 3-way call between, say, my GF and my dad - which is something I can no longer tolerate. And it doesn't only happen with my dad, it happens with other people as well.

BASCIALLY, I need a new phone. You stylish people you, I know you have an extra phone you wanna get rid of. PM ME PLEASE.

Thanks.

David.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an LG 6100 home charger +car+belt clip+Ext. Life Battery
and a Samsung 6xx Home+Car charger (Somewhere) (I'll check on that one)

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple old (4-5 years) nokias that are yours free if you want them.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
Anyone have a decent cell phone they wouldn't mind parting with? I noticed some of you guys have been getting new cellphones and I found out yesterday that I DESPERATELY need a new one.

I'm currently rolling with a blackberry 7230 or something like that. I don't need email/blackberry functions, so really any phone that works would be chill. I don't want to spend more than $100.

Anyway, my mom called me yesterday and told me that my phone randomly connects to my dad's cellphone, usually when I'm talking to someone else. So it becomes a 3-way call between, say, my GF and my dad - which is something I can no longer tolerate. And it doesn't only happen with my dad, it happens with other people as well.

BASCIALLY, I need a new phone. You stylish people you, I know you have an extra phone you wanna get rid of. PM ME PLEASE.

Thanks.

David.

Can you get help from the shop you bought the phone from or your telephone service provider on these problems?

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well what happened was I had a samsung 708 or whatever slider phone that I lost. Then I shopped on ebay for the absolute cheapest phone I could find and it turned out to be a $28 shipped blackberry. So I can't really complain.

My friends dad dropped his blackberry in the toilet and it kept working, but started sending errant text messages and stuff. It's weird and I have a feeling mine is possessed by the demon of short-circuitry.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dhc905
Well what happened was I had a samsung 708 or whatever slider phone that I lost. Then I shopped on ebay for the absolute cheapest phone I could find and it turned out to be a $28 shipped blackberry. So I can't really complain.

My friends dad dropped his blackberry in the toilet and it kept working, but started sending errant text messages and stuff. It's weird and I have a feeling mine is possessed by the demon of short-circuitry.

Ok. I tend to trade in my phones so I don't have any 'spare'.

I guess you don't really want to have conference calls between you and your GF and a third party, particularly your mom
smile.gif

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Motorola Black RAZR which is unlocked & can be used with any carrier as long as you have a SIM card. Comes with box & charger & is in good condition. $75

toufu

Reaction score
lol o yeah i forgot to say mines unlocked too..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads