1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Cashmere sweater(s)

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Swededude, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

Looking for cashmere sweaters in colors black, camel or dark green. V-neck or crew neck, cableknit or plain regular knit.

I'm a size M in RL cashmere sweaters, which have measurements (measured while lying flat) pit-2-pit: 21", arm: 25", length: 26".

All brands considered, it's how they fit (& the price) that's important.

I live in Sweden.

Send me a PM if you have something you think I would be interested in. Thx in advance!

2. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Given the recent glut of cashmere, I'd just go for something like the Gap or H&M, or whatever equivalent you have in Sweden, for a basic model.

I'm a big proponent of online shopping, but sweaters are one thing that I'll only buy if I've tried on one from the same label on in person, just because the fit is so touchy.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

Well, the RL cable crewnecks are pretty good quality for the price (on discount anyway) and consistent in sizing from what I've seen, so that would be a good one to collect. There are always a few on Ebay. I may have one or two sitting in wait to sell (I list them before the cold/holiday season) so I'll check for you.

BTW, the other RL sweaters are not consistent in size with the cashmere cable crewnecks, just FYI. The hoodies were smaller, and the lambswool zipnecks much bigger. It would be nice if he could get his act together WRT size.

4. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

Well, since H&M is Swedish we of course have them here [​IMG] Problem is that I'm practically in the middle of the woods - which leads to the sad fact that my local H&M-store doesn't carry cashmere at all. Nowadays I buy almost all of my clothing online, to my local tailors delight.

5. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I PM'd you about a green J Crew v neck 100% cashmere, worn once or twice, that I'll unload for 40 beans.

6. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Looking for cashmere sweaters in colors black, camel or dark green. V-neck or crew neck, cableknit or plain regular knit.

I'm a size M in RL cashmere sweaters, which have measurements (measured while lying flat) pit-2-pit: 21", arm: 25", length: 26".

All brands considered, it's how they fit (& the price) that's important.

I live in Sweden.

Send me a PM if you have something you think I would be interested in. Thx in advance!

http://www.fourinhand.com/catalog.asp?SearchString=fhma

7. this_is_james

this_is_james Senior member

Well, the RL cable crewnecks are pretty good quality for the price (on discount anyway) and consistent in sizing from what I've seen, so that would be a good one to collect. There are always a few on Ebay. I may have one or two sitting in wait to sell (I list them before the cold/holiday season) so I'll check for you.

BTW, the other RL sweaters are not consistent in size with the cashmere cable crewnecks, just FYI. The hoodies were smaller, and the lambswool zipnecks much bigger. It would be nice if he could get his act together WRT size.

this is from an old thread but is it still possible to get these at such low prices? i would gladly pay $50 and more.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...cashmere+cable

"The most I paid for those $397.50 sweaters were $49.99. Some I got at Robinson May for $19.99, some at Macys for $16.99 and most of them at Bloomingdales for $49.99, just in case some of you are wondering why I have so many of them. At the price I was paying, I just couldn't help buying all of them."

any other suggestions for nice heavily discounted cashmere/wool sweaters?

8. 40kaas-nl

40kaas-nl Senior member

9. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

Sorry, already have a white one. Only looking for a black cashmere sweater as of now since I got my hands on a green and a camel/light brown one. But thanks for the offer!

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

11. kronik

kronik Senior member

I still have an Avon Celli sweater for sale:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19876

If you like it I am willing to drop the price a bit or include free shipping to Sweden [​IMG]

I'm digging the sweater - however, I'm more a 42-44, leaning towards 42. Would this fit me?

12. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

If someone has cashmere sweaters (thick or thin, it doesn't matter) that would fit a small (35-36 chest), I could be a buyer!