1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

WTB Borrelli Shirts 17.5

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Lawman, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

I'm feeling the need. The usual outlets (Lance, Ian) aren't sporting any in a regular sleeve length (34-6). Pre-owned would be in-play.

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I know how you feel.
    I was fortunate enough to get a couple of 16.5 Borrelli shirts from Lance in a 34/35 sleeve a while back, but in the main such consignments seem to consist of shirts with sleeves in lengths such as 36.5" and longer.

I have, however, discovered that my local bespoke tailor shortens sleeves for $20 per shirt. What's more, he does it from the cuff, not from the sleeve head, and he adjusts the cuff placket, too. The result looks entirely natural and original - you really would not know that the short didn't come in that length originally.
    This is particularly important with Borrelli as the sleeve-head hand-stitching is so good it's almost orgasmic.

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a NWT white w/ light blue plaid Borrelli shirt in size 18x36, if that works?

4. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

Aportnoy, can you shoot me a picture of that size 18 with a price? Thanks!

5. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

Journeyman, how long were the sleeves on the shirts that you had adjusted? Also, I might have some trouble finding a tailor to attempt such a fitting. All we have down here is pretty much the nice Korean old lady tailors whose skills are somewhat limited.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Journeyman, how long were the sleeves on the shirts that you had adjusted? Also, I might have some trouble finding a tailor to attempt such a fitting. All we have down here is pretty much the nice Korean old lady tailors whose skills are somewhat limited.

Sorry to take several days to reply.

I had the sleeves shortened by two inches - from 36.5 to 34.5 - and I was very pleased with the result.

Thankfully, my local tailorshop seems quite well equipped with capable people, as they also do bespoke tailoring (which I haven't yet tried).

7. Wicky

Wicky Senior member

Lawman, on ebay Germany there is a guy selling some nice Borrelli shirts in size 44/45 Eu (which translates to 17,5 US). Low starting prices and you may be able to persue him to ship to the US. My experience is that if you pay additional shipping 9 out of 10 will ship abroad also.

8. Lawman

Lawman Senior member

Excellent. Thanks for the information!

9. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

I have a white Borrelli shirt , 17.5 /36 inches sleeve, double cuff, I've lost some weight, so more like 17 neck than 17.5 neck, it is NWOT, I cut off the booklet and the tag, but never worn it out

10. meister

meister Senior member

I have a white Borrelli shirt , 17.5 /36 inches sleeve, double cuff, I've lost some weight, so more like 17 neck than 17.5 neck, it is NWOT, I cut off the booklet and the tag, but never worn it out

and the price is????