1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WSJ: How Can Jeans Cost $300?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Sorry, sounds like you had a bad day? Calm down, drink some tea and try again.

I want a Zara/H&M Sportscoat because I don't live near these stores and I need a beater sportscoat, enough said?

The levis I have have plenty of style, you should browse the 511 section of levis.com

What do I know about quality?

Heres a 50k car Ive had for 6 years 100k miles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What does yours look like?

Heres my thread I posted months ago on a different forum
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521702

What the fuck do you know asshole?

[​IMG]

2. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Is he saying the cheap class and the 325 are worth 50k combined?

Post your ride dawg.

3. jet

jet Senior member

How would you know, you never even met me or seen what I look like?

I find it funny you make fun of my car because I spent too much, but my clothes because I didn't....

Who is the douche?

Its a 330i, get your facts straight before you try and say something smart.

Yea your right the point is don't insult someone you don't know next time?

What i was trying to say with the car is I know the value of spending a lot of money on something and keeping it for a really long time, as in with the car.

Thats quality.

Any more jealous haters?

Doesn't matter because Im done arguing with idiots on the internet, and won't be visiting this thread again, you have a problem with me and live in Socal? PM ME i will be happy to meet up and discuss futher in person.

lol @ vorsteiner wheels

4. index1489

index1489 Well-Known Member

lol @ vorsteiner wheels
    Saw this jem, just as I was editing my post, I happen to be friends with the people from Vorsteiner, they only make forged wheels in the $3-4k plus range now, http://www.vorsteiner.com/ If you have a problem with them I would actually be really interested in hearing about it sincerely. PM ME some pics of your ride?

5. jet

jet Senior member

Saw this jem, just as I was editing my post, I happen to be friends with the people from Vorsteiner, they only make forged wheels in the $3-4k plus range now, http://www.vorsteiner.com/

If you have a problem with them I would actually be really interested in hearing about it sincerely.

PM ME some pics of your ride?

Such a great jem.

PS. Nobody gives a fuck about you dawg.

6. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

Hey Index,
    I am not from Cali, but will happily meet up with you to discuss your car. 1 year from now you will have realized that you overextended yourself and cannot keep up with simple bmw maint. Your credit cards will be maxed and I will be offering you a 1/4 of what you paid. Do not fret, it will be cash.

NVM, I saw your pics. I will still meet up with you though. I will not be buying your car, but will be asking your Dad if I can take it for a spin. Maybe you will have your permit by then

7. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

8. max-t

max-t Senior member

9. dinogj

dinogj Senior member

Hi, I drive a BMW and I wish to apologize for Index, he probably thinks having a three series means something.
    I have pairs of pants older than your car with probably more than a thousand miles on em, fuckin quality bro

hate BMWdouches. I bet you have a baseball cap with the BMW logo on it.

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

i love jet riling up people.

11. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

obvious douchemoron is obvious

12. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

I'm glad I decided to check this thread [​IMG]

BB1 nails it again and jet delivers the lolz

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

How would you know, you never even met me or seen what I look like? I find it funny you make fun of my car because I spent too much, but my clothes because I didn't.... I guess I could make fun of you for spending to much on clothes and driving a crappy car? Who is the douche? Its a 330i, get your facts straight before you try and say something smart. Yea your right the point is don't insult someone you don't know next time? What i was trying to say with the car is I know the value of spending a lot of money on something and keeping it for a really long time, as in with the car. Thats quality. Any more jealous haters? Doesn't matter because Im done arguing with idiots on the internet, and won't be visiting this thread again, you have a problem with me and live in Socal? PM ME i will be happy to meet up and discuss futher in person.
    lol @ vorsteiner wheels
    No reason to get the larger engine 3, not worth the price, and both cars look the exact same. The fact that you need to mention you spent more money on little improvement shows your need for both attention and "wealth" And its pretty cheap to lease both a 3 and e class and you could be pretty poor and still get one. And getting new rims are pretty pointless. And what's a long time? You know you are supposed to sell a bimmer once it hits a certain age/mileage right? If you want to talk quality a Lexus/Acura still last way longer with far fewer problems. There are also no real Levis until you get to the $120 range at least

14. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

Does anyone know how accurate the 30 dollar selvedge fabric cost from Cone is?

15. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Is it really that good?

No.

16. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Saw this jem, just as I was editing my post, I happen to be friends with the people from Vorsteiner, they only make forged wheels in the $3-4k plus range now, http://www.vorsteiner.com/

If you have a problem with them I would actually be really interested in hearing about it sincerely.

PM ME some pics of your ride?

Shut the fuck up about your car. Is that your dad in the pic or is that you?

17. Lel

Lel Senior member

Unlike the price of a car, once the price of clothing gets to a certain point, your paying for nothing but a name.

I tend to find levis 511 jeans in the 40-80 dollar price range to be the sweet spot, and own about 12 pairs.

Theres a big difference between a 50k car and 25k one.

I don't agree with your Levis point but for cars it is spot on. For example, while a Honda Accord is very reliable, gets great gas mileage, has leather and lots of features really can't compare to a BMW 5 with all the features above (maybe lower mileage and worse reliability, but not significantly) but also offers features such as xenon adaptive headlights (once you drive with these you can't every really go back), much better handling/speed and an amazing ride.

The sad part here is that after a few years, the value of the BMW will be around 15k while the Honda is probably around 9k or so.

The BMW may not be a better buy, but it is well worth the money. And if you don't want to pay 50k to start, get a used one for the same price as a new Honda.

You guy are kidding right? The cost difference between nice jeans and Levis is ~200-300, pricey but affordable. But 25K to upgrade a car? That's a much larger amount of money, and one that can't be so easily spent (unless you're ballin').

This car analysis is pretty bull. Some people might think 300$ for jeans is crazy but at least I'm capable of actually purchasing them without taking a large financial strain, even if it's just because "I like the way they fit better." But spending 25,000 more on a car that still gets me from point A to point B but just with "better handling/speed and an amazing right" seems more crazy to me, yet is perfectly acceptable to most people.

[​IMG]

18. whodini

whodini Senior member

Does anyone know how accurate the 30 dollar selvedge fabric cost from Cone is?
    The short answer: Yes. The longer answer: Yes, but you have to understand that Cone doesn't make just one roll of denim so that price may be low or high depending on which specific roll they purchased. The price could also be lower or higher depending on the amount ordered.

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Unlike the price of a car, once the price of clothing gets to a certain point, your paying for nothing but a name.

I tend to find levis 511 jeans in the 40-80 dollar price range to be the sweet spot, and own about 12 pairs.

Theres a big difference between a 50k car and 25k one.

No, you're wrong, at least about clothes. Just because you can't tell the difference, doesn't mean that differences are not there. Something as simple as increasing the number of stitches per inch makes a difference in the cost of manufacture.

I happen to like clothes. I don't give a fuck about cars. If the fucking thing gets me from point A to point B without exploding, I'm pretty happy. My wife is out looking at Expeditions and Suburbans because I'm about to have my 4th kid, and our little Rav4 won't hold everyone. So, my criteria for a good car is:
    1) Holds 6 people comfortably
    2) Gets from point A to point B
    But just because I don't care about cars, nor would I be able to tell the difference between a $30K car and a $100K car (well, not completely true, I would know something about the quality of the leather used in the interiors, etc...) doesn't invalidate that there might very well be significant differences between the cars.

My point is, you're an ignorant and close-minded philistine.

20. SmallFishWang

SmallFishWang Member

Lolz at ppl who think driving a 3 series BMW is balling. There are ppl who drives a Prius who's wrist watch cost more than your car. Think your $4000 rim is balling? Ppl spend more than that for a bag that they probably use for few times. Go spend some time with the wealthy people and you will know how silly you look.