• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WSAYWT: What Shoe Are You Wearing Today SWD (boots/sneakers/lace ups/anything goes)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hah mr short legs

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@troika the shell Rider Boots Chelseas I mentioned. They are made by Sassetti a few years back.

3676498F-731B-43F1-AF45-D568EA55C5AE.jpeg

Msktime

Reaction score
Hi all - thinking of wearing these Prada oxfords with some denim jeans to a business casual work event - thoughts? Ok to wear, or not acceptable to wear these kind of dress shoes with denim? Thanks!
20191106_174630.jpg
20191106_173043.jpg
20191106_173028.jpg

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Perfectly acceptable imo. (I don't wear jeans or square-toed shoes though, so maybe my opinion's moot)

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all - thinking of wearing these Prada oxfords with some denim jeans to a business casual work event - thoughts? Ok to wear, or not acceptable to wear these kind of dress shoes with denim? Thanks! View attachment 1274441 View attachment 1274442 View attachment 1274443

Problem 1 : Square toe shoes were in fashion some time back (Chiseled & square are different).. they are not now.. Prada does fashion not style.. And i am afraid these thing are not in fashion or style anymore.

Problem 2: The sole of your shoe. Its too thin.. so paring it with a denim will make it look out of place .. There are certain occasion where u can pair a round toe cap toe oxford with a substantial sole with denim (sometimes.. but the outfit has to be selected carefully).. but its difficult to do with these shoes ...

Problem 3: These might be Prada.. and i am sure u have paid a lot of money for them... But those look like cheap cemented (99.999 % they are) shoes.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problem 1 : Square toe shoes were in fashion some time back (Chiseled & square are different).. they are not now.. Prada does fashion not style.. And i am afraid these thing are not in fashion or style anymore.

Problem 2: The sole of your shoe. Its too thin.. so paring it with a denim will make it look out of place .. There are certain occasion where u can pair a round toe cap toe oxford with a substantial sole with denim (sometimes.. but the outfit has to be selected carefully).. but its difficult to do with these shoes ...

Problem 3: These might be Prada.. and i am sure u have paid a lot of money for them... But those look like cheap cemented (99.999 % they are) shoes.
Would somebody please think of the *quality* !

Msktime

Reaction score

Thanks for the honest feedback - these are about 10 years old and I havent worn them in ages; pulled them out of the drawer and trying to get some wear out of them and appreciate the comments.

It's bothering me that they're laced differently...
Hahaha I actually never noticed this...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads