• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WSAYWT: What Shoe Are You Wearing Today SWD (boots/sneakers/lace ups/anything goes)

asaa1000

Reaction score
all this loafer talk has me exploring the 986s. i have a pair of 6243's and love them. maybe a pair of color 8's for the fall / winter??? i really dig the ones with antiqued edges but haven't found them anywhere. any leads?

these have been my most worn shoes the past month probably. once the footbed molded they are so comfortable. sparing you all my feet.

View attachment 1439046
How does sizing work on these? Thanks!

bencap

Reaction score
I've been thinking about upgrading from Birkenstocks to something a little more luxe, and those butteros are a front-runner (along with the yuktens, and the buttero cross-strap model). Good to hear the footbed is comfortable, since the footbed on Birks is really the only reason I wear them.

kjb

Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chasing my three year old in some rather ugly Born sneakers today. At least they are comfortable.

Attachments

kjb

Reaction score
Come join us in the loager gang.

FWIW I chose to go with black edges so I can wear with black jeans, but...stealing this from @beepbop's post:

TSM: https://www.theshoemart.com/alden-shoes-mens-leisure-handsewn-d6207-color-8-antique/

Blain:
so for the past few weeks i've been debating ordering a pair and then this morning i came across this pre-order which is basically my ideal version of this shoe. so deposit made and expected delivery in february.

1598724338800.png

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so for the past few weeks i've been debating ordering a pair and then this morning i came across this pre-order which is basically my ideal version of this shoe. so deposit made and expected delivery in february.

View attachment 1449485

Any input on how this last compares to Barrie? @troika maybe you do, being our resident loager expert

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any input on how this last compares to Barrie? @troika maybe you do, being our resident loager expert
I take the same size in barrie and van lasts (a half size down from brannock) l. Overall, I would say the van fits a tough wider and a hair shorter than barrie. It's a really trad last with a lot of volume.

ddf5c6c7207bec12af364736b0fc062b.jpg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior