• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WSAYWT: What Shoe Are You Wearing Today SWD (boots/sneakers/lace ups/anything goes)

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really liked my pair of castaner espadrilles, so I got a pair of loafers as well.
Can these espadrilles withstand walking around the city?

kevenmee

Reaction score
Can these espadrilles withstand walking around the city?
Yep, they have a rubber sole and can take a beating. They're about a half size large so I end up stubbing the front/back when I walk.

The rubber soles on the loafers are much more substantial:

Thinking about picking up another pair or two but I have a lot of shoes already...

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Also, do they have enough support for walking say a couple of miles on city streets? I have been tempted, but I am city bound for the foreseeable future.
I find mine to be comfortable for that, I have the castaner Pablo's and the strap loafer versions. Neither have much instep support, so if you need that, any kind of espadrilles won't work for you.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.