• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WSAYWT: What Shoe Are You Wearing Today SWD (boots/sneakers/lace ups/anything goes)

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Guys, I need some sizing advice on Birkenstock Boston's. I tried on some Arizona's in size 40 (I'm a size 7.5-8) and they fit OK. My feet rest comfortably and secure in the footbed with thick socks on. Should I get the same size in Boston's or should I size down to a 39? The 2 straps on the Arizona's keep my feet secure with a little bit of wiggle room. My concern is the Boston's only have 1 strap on the midfoot which could cause some sliding. For reference I have narrow feet and wear 7.5 in Clark's, 8 in New Balance 990's.

Mercurio

Reaction score
Guys, I need some sizing advice on Birkenstock Boston's. I tried on some Arizona's in size 40 (I'm a size 7.5-8) and they fit OK. My feet rest comfortably and secure in the footbed with thick socks on. Should I get the same size in Boston's or should I size down to a 39? The 2 straps on the Arizona's keep my feet secure with a little bit of wiggle room. My concern is the Boston's only have 1 strap on the midfoot which could cause some sliding. For reference I have narrow feet and wear 7.5 in Clark's, 8 in New Balance 990's.
I use the same size than you and my feet are also slim, but I don’t use them with socks. I decided to go with woman’s sizing Birkenstock: their design is exactly the same but a little narrower, some stores even call them “unisex” as their size numbers are the same.

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you heard of Carvil ? A french brand quite expensive (known among other thing for their Dylan boot - they first did it for Bob hence the name), they only use Blake stitching because they dig thin soles - something you can't do with GYW. Great quality though.
View attachment 1151780
Carvil 'Dylan'
I realize this is a very late reply to this post, but if you have tried these or own them I would love to hear anything you have to say about sizing advice. it’s very hard to find info about how these fit

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I realize this is a very late reply to this post, but if you have tried these or own them I would love to hear anything you have to say about sizing advice. it’s very hard to find info about how these fit
It is very complicated as each model are very different. I only tried their Chelsea boots so far and they were TTS. Their Chelsea Boots are made in England, some other shoes/boots are made in Italy or in France, so it is not easy... Are you interested in a model in particular (the emblematic Dylan boot) ?

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I want the Dylan S, which is basically the Dylan with a lower heel.
move sent emails to them directly and DMd them on Instagram but have never gotten a response.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yes I want the Dylan S, which is basically the Dylan with a lower heel.
move sent emails to them directly and DMd them on Instagram but have never gotten a response.
They are quite a small brand, even if they are quite old, and i have somehow the impression the business is not good for them at the moment. For example, until last year you could find their shoe/boots in a few department store, but they suddenly disappeared. They still have their small shop/boutique Rue Pierre Charron though. I've just seen they are on FB, did you try to reach them by this way ?

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not try FB, I don't have a facebook account.
But it does seem like the little detail that is out there has them as being true to size (both the Webster and La Garconne say true to size) and @Homme said it's about a half size large (so size down 1/2). It would just be nice to get some info directly from them since they're the only place with the model i want.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I did not try FB, I don't have a facebook account.
But it does seem like the little detail that is out there has them as being true to size (both the Webster and La Garconne say true to size) and @Homme said it's about a half size large (so size down 1/2). It would just be nice to get some info directly from them since they're the only place with the model i want.
TBH i always find Risky to order shoes on internet except if it is a model I already know. "TTS" doesnt work for everyone as all feet are different. And it really depends of the brands, lasts, shapes as you know.
I didnt try the Dylan but the last was very different to their chelsea boot. The Dylan (made in italy) looked much narrower. TBH i think that if you really want them you should take your chance (apparently they are TTS and as they are pointed if they are a tad big it's better for your feet!), but check their return policy.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.