• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WSAYWT: What Shoe Are You Wearing Today SWD (boots/sneakers/lace ups/anything goes)

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly if i had to buy a good quality and versatile pair i would go for the Weston 180. I had a pair in the time (suede), really classy, comfy, and sturdy.
I really like my pair in burgundy calf, and it's always great to have a pair, but I'd have to say that it's a very specific look. Chunky, and with the split toe, not as versatile as a traditional penny.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is actually as hilarious as it was for my airbnb host the first time I tried to pronounce lake Pontchartrain
Next time you are in town, get an airbnb on Tchoupitoulas and try to pronounce that...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I really like my pair in burgundy calf, and it's always great to have a pair, but I'd have to say that it's a very specific look. Chunky, and with the split toe, not as versatile as a traditional penny.
I found the chocolate suede ones VERY versatile, used to wear them with jeans or trousers, dressed down or up. They are classics here.
I can understand (a bit) what you mean though, maybe the suede ones look less 'chunky' than the calf leather ones.

daim.jpg

Last edited:

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
JM Weston is not cheap though - $300 more than Vass and $700 more than Grant Stone if they have seconds in your size

For that chunky look I’d probably buy Trickers - their split toe loafer can be found as cheap as $150 on Yoox

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Guys, time to show me your military boots or officer shoes - but not only !

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.