• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrong size AEs! What should I do?

theriel

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a few months ago AE Strand in walnut calf. Beautiful shoes.

I had a chance to wear them only once though... and I failed to realize that they are too small! I usually wear 9.5 in AE (10 from other makers). They are 9.

Absolutely my fault and stupidity.

It is not a big deal (I can technically wear them) but I DO feel significantly less comfortable...

The question is... what should I do? What options do I really have ? Should I post them here on classifields hoping to sell them at some reasonable price?

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may want to note -- for the future -- that AE strands are built on their 5 last which is a bit narrower than their other lasts.

If you wore them only once you should be able to sell them here or on eBay for about $150. Use that $$ to buy a pair that fits your feet. There is a seller on styleforum that sells new strands and other AE models for, I think, about $230. Do a search and you will find him.

AHS

theriel

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies... Well, if somebody was interested, Strand is in 9D...

Now, if somebody knew the identity of the kind person selling discounted AE shoes, please tell me :).

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seller name is allaboutshoes. Take a look at his thread and I believe you PM for a price.

I won't speak for the others -- but I had two good purchases from him, including a pair of walnut strands. :)

AHS

PsylentStorm

Reaction score
Seller name is allaboutshoes. Take a look at his thread and I believe you PM for a price.
I won't speak for the others -- but I had two good purchases from him, including a pair of walnut strands.
smile.gif

AHS
I was looking to buy a pair of Walnut Strands myself... except the day I asked was the day the prices were raised to retail value :(

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut Strands, black Park Avenues and walnut players were $199 at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in July last year. All very well may be again this year.

Snedley

Reaction score
Hi,
I had a chance to wear them only once though... and I failed to realize that they are too small! I usually wear 9.5 in AE (10 from other makers). They are 9.
It is not a big deal (I can technically wear them) but I DO feel significantly less comfortable...
The question is... what should I do? What options do I really have ? Should I post them here on classifields hoping to sell them at some reasonable price?
If they are uncomfortable then you can't wear them without risking plantar faciitis. I'm always amazed that people care more about some cheap item than their own health and body.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was looking to buy a pair of Walnut Strands myself... except the day I asked was the day the prices were raised to retail value :(

Did you pm allaboutshoes directly?

Minty

Reaction score
Why not just bring them to a cobbler to get them stretched? I found a deal on some AEs and had them stretched about .5 inches at a good cobblery. Should cost about ~$15.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

List them here or on Ebay. AEs have a good resale value.

Snedley

Reaction score
You may want to note -- for the future -- that AE strands are built on their 5 last which is a bit narrower than their other lasts.
That's irrelevant because they come in all widths.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads