Wrist Accessories

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by phreak, Oct 19, 2009.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I sometimes wear some black buddhist beads that I picked up in Tibet, but not often. Once I get some time to go to Insadong though, I'm definitely picking up a wood carved skull bracelet because I've always liked skulls. Don't think it's very fashionable but don't really care either.

2. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I kind of like the classic leather BV style bracelets..

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Know of any good online shops in lieu of a trip to temples in Japan? Also thinking it would be a good DIY project.

You can get them online.

I think some new-age types decided to sell them as "power beads." Sounds dumb, but they basically are the same thing and are cheaper/easier to get online than taking a trip to a temple up in the hills of Kyoto. [​IMG]

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

sometimes i feel like my arm is naked, but im not sure what to wear on my wrist at times. plz dont say tats, right now that is not an option

i have an old fossil watch from HS that looks decent imo. im passively searching for a more formidable replacement. i cant really be too baller right now and drop 5k on a watch, we will put the upper limit at 2k

but this isnt just about watches. i see PG fits and always notice how he wears wrist accessories so well. i just dont know shit about them, or where to start looking for them. those leather wrap things from 3sixteen never did it for me

any recommendations?

Cheap but good watch or one of those leather wrap things. I think RRL on Gilt has some pretty nice stuff for about $40: http://www.giltman.com/s/rrl/product/17361926

For a watch you can look at Stowa and Seiko for about $300-600 brand new (automatic not quartz and Stowa will be at the top end of that range). You can also go for classic and look for vintage watches: http://vintagewatchrestoration.com/inventory/.

5. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Looking to pick up some beaded bracelets.
    What are some good online sites to check out?

I saw a realy nice David Yurman Black Onyx bracelet but it was $350

6. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

you could maaaaake them . . . . if you're crafty enough.

seriously, all you need is some stretchy beading string and a bag of wooden beads, then some super glue to seal the knot, and bam, you got a bracelet. its waaaay cheaper too.

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

is thaaaaaat so?

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

update, I still hate beads, and I wear a real watch and a Hermes wrap bracelet sometimes. Going to make a TOJ mixed-wrist series as well.

9. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

this pic made me decide i needed a watch
    you can get a vintage rolex for < 2k easily on tz
    [​IMG]

10. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Looking to pick up some beaded bracelets.
    What are some good online sites to check out?

I saw a realy nice David Yurman Black Onyx bracelet but it was $350

you could maaaaake them . . . . if you're crafty enough.

seriously, all you need is some stretchy beading string and a bag of wooden beads, then some super glue to seal the knot, and bam, you got a bracelet. its waaaay cheaper too.

I'm also going to start making some beaded and leather braided racelets. I though about buying them, but then I realized that there is really nothing much they can give me that I can't make from supplies provided by these two sites:

http://www.leathercordusa.com/

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/

I'm going to start out with a black/brown intertwined 5mm braided leather bolo barcelet. I thought about braiding the leather myself but after a week of youtubing how to braid 4 strands of leather I said fuck it, leather cord has already braided it far better than I ever could and in a multiple of widths.

Then I'm going to work on a 3mm beaded bracelet beaded either onto some 0.5 mm round leather cord or some synthetic material.

Or something like that.

11. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had this made from kangaroo leather, and have a similar one in tan. I like them a lot. It is a 6 strand braid over 3mm cord - not quite as thick looking in person: [​IMG]

12. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Did you get that made by Leather Braiding by John?

13. A Harris

Yep, he does a great job and is easy to work with. He didn't have a model just like that on his site but was willing to make it up for me with the tassel end.

14. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Yeah, I noticed his site and your bracelet looked familiar.

This one I especially like:

http://lbbyj.ideamakers.com/index.ph...dcea3a29348682

I prefer some sort of small clasp over a braided knot as a connecting point, but, whatever, still nice and relatively affordable pieces.

15. A Harris

I like the look of just the knot, but will admit it takes some patience to put on the wrist. This is the first bracelet I ever wore and was thinking I'd get razzed a little, but it provoked nary a comment. Bolo cord bracelets are subtle and masculine IMO - easy to wear.