1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Wrinkle on the inside of shoe

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by feelufo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. feelufo

feelufo Well-Known Member

I recently received a new pair of shoes and noticed after opening them that the inside of one shoe has a wrinkle inside of it. Please see attached. I've never seen something like this before. Could it have any structural ramifications or is this simply a cosmetic smudge I can ignore? Is it fixable?

Thank you.

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

2. paxonus

paxonus Senior Member

It looks like the lining slipped down from the top edge, which caused the wrinkle. Unless you can feel it while wearing them, I would leave them alone and wear them as is.

3. feelufo

feelufo Well-Known Member

Thank you. I will try to see if I feel it walking abit before making any final decision. I contacted the seller as well and they are concerned about the defect, but I can't be sure if their expressed concern is for my benefit.

4. here's johnny

here's johnny New Member

Letting them know was your first step :)
    No pun intended.. if the lining fails you could possibly get and exchange

5. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I would return them. Once you start wearing them, if it wrinkles any more they could become very uncomfortable. Any good seller or brand should back this up and replace with a proper pair. Good luck!