• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrinkle Free / Non-Iron Dress shirts

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed at length...

I'm looking for some non-iron french cuff dress shirts.

Jos A Bank has a sale now 3/$135. How do these compare to Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren, etc....

Mainly looking for white and light blue.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
charles tyrwhitt. 3 different fits and nice non-iron twill material.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am happy with my non-iron shirts by Eton, Dunhill & Brooks Brothers.

bjornb17

Reaction score
I would avoid the JAB shirts as the cut isnt very flattering and the material isnt the greatest. I've been very happy with Charles Tyrwhitt non-iron and you can usually buy them for between $29 and $50, depending on whatever promotion is going on. MUCH better than JAB.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I would avoid the JAB shirts as the cut isnt very flattering and the material isnt the greatest. I've been very happy with Charles Tyrwhitt non-iron and you can usually buy them for between $29 and $50, depending on whatever promotion is going on. MUCH better than JAB.

Thanks!! Can you only buy the CT shirts directly from them? How often do they have promos?

Hellkamp

Reaction score
They consistently have promos. Basically anytime you log into their site they'll have a sale.

Right now they're running $20 off 4 shirts or £10 off 4 shirts.

Pretty good deal, but they just put out their new line for the fall so prices on some shirts are higher. If you can wait a while they'll probably come down in price and some other promo will be available.

If you just want staple white and light blue shirts you'll be under $50 per shirt. Some blues you can get for $35-$40.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My general rule is to not pay more than 25GBP (about $40) for one of their shirts. When the dollar / GBP exchange rate becomes less favorable to us Americans, the dollar amount will probably go up a bit. Right now at least, it's almost always cheaper to buy on the UK website (www.ctshirts.co.uk), even when you factor in that shipping is more expensive.

Right now some of the Black Label shirts are pretty heavily discounted. (25 to 30 GBP before the 10 GBP off 4 shirts deal). I'm giving them a try since I figure for the price I'd normally pay for a Tyrwhitt shirt during one of their 4 for 100 GBP deals, why not. Please note that the Black Labels ones are not non-iron, but they have a lot of non-iron shirts on their website.

Last edited:

Scottyb06

Reaction score

What he said. I have both JAB shirts and CT shirts and the CT shirts are by far higher quality and better fit. Frankly, the JAB shirts fit like parachutes - they are huge! The only ones I still wear at my OCBD white and blue shirts which I most often wear under sweaters. All others have been given away (although they were purchased at $15.00 each). I really like JAB merino wool sweaters and some of of their sport jackets. Everything else I avoid.

Punjabjat

Reaction score
I'd avoid the JAB...like everyone said, the fit is terrible..

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Thanks. I went to JAB last night and they were not very helpful at all and wouldn't let me try on a shirt. They said I had to buy it and then I could try it on and return it if needed. That is when I left.

bjornb17

Reaction score

Thanks.  I went to JAB last night and they were not very helpful at all and wouldn't let me try on a shirt.  They said I had to buy it and then I could try it on and return it if needed.  That is when I left.

LOL! Sounds like more work for everybody then for you just to get something you like. CT exchange policy is great. They give you free return shipping to the UK if you dont like something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics