1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

wrangler western shirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robbie, Dec 16, 2007.

1. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I have been wanting a new denim shirt, and so in my quest I stumbled upon one on a UK site. I know that the UK and US wrangler lines are different, but does anyone know of any US retailers that might carry this shirt? [​IMG] I can find ones with the other pockets all over, but I prefer this model. thanks for any help

2. onion

onion Senior member

Did you see This thread a few down from this one? They seem to be the same design made by a company called Real Japan Blue, and I rather like them myself.

3. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

i did see that shirt; while I admire it, my budget has its constraints. ( i forgot to mention that...)

4. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

There was also a vintage Sears denim shirt with these same pockets from the 50's. They turn up from time-to-time. It's snaps are white. I actually like it better than the Wrangler.

6. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Levis has some very similar good looking Western shirts.

7. batorizer

batorizer Senior member

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

9. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ I got that one, raw. Washed it once though, since it honestly was too stiff to look good. It shrunk a little and now fits pretty perfect. Probably my favourite denim shirt at the moment. The snap buttons are on the cheap side though, but the shirt is obviously cheap aswell..

10. seamless74

seamless74 Senior member

sweet shirt but the small measure 21 armpit to armpit.. why they gotta make everything so damn big and long... geez...

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^^my size 16/36 (large tall?) mesures 23.62 pit to pit after one wash. Its pretty tapred to the waist aswell, so i´d say its a rather slim fit. I think it shrunk a bit in length aswell.

12. seamless74

seamless74 Senior member

well doesnt matter im already planning a trip to the local cowboy store for a pair of real boots and wrangler shirts... i live in okc so ive got more cowboy stores per capita than anywhere lol... still tryin to fit those nashvilles into the budget bobo... damn styles a bitch on the wallet... [​IMG]

13. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

^^^ yeah, have you ever been to Langstons bargain basement in the stockyards?
    robbie, Let me know if this works out for you. It isn't raw, but it is $21.00, which is a huge plus. http://workingperson.com/products/66...t_70127MW.html
    yeah, I've tried this one on. I do like it, but I am wanting the other 'shorthorn' (right?) pocket. robbie

14. jackson_browne

jackson_browne New Member

Are western shirts ever considered fashionable? I see a lot of college kids wearing them from AE and similar stores, but I'm not sure if I've made up my mind about the style yet.

15. robin

robin Senior member

Are western shirts ever considered fashionable? I see a lot of college kids wearing them from AE and similar stores, but I'm not sure if I've made up my mind about the style yet.
    I wouldn't say that they've ever been "fashionable", but it is possible to look good in one. I liked this particular blog post on them, which is from a woman's perspective: http://www.mensvogue.com/clothing/bl.../09/index.html