• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wrangler is Better than Levi's

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ordered a pair of 3sixteen jeans based on the recommendation of @dieworkwear. They arrived today. They seem to be high quality and I have no issue with the recommendation, but I'm very confused and somewhat angry with myself. Based on my usual size in Nudie jeans, etc., and the company's indication that their jeans are true to size, I ordered them in my normal size (34). These are their straight leg (SL) jeans that are advertised as having room up top with a taper from the knee down.

I had to triple check all the tags to see if there had been some mistake. It seems as though I'm trying to put on a child's jeans. They are extremely tight with what seems like a pretty low rise, and I can't even come close to pulling them all the way up or buttoning them. No problem with my other jeans of the same waist size. I thought maybe I got the slim tapered ones by mistake. Nope. These are just comically small.

The reason I'm mad at myself is that since they were my usual size and the fit description sounded great, I paid extra to have them hemmed. So they're non-returnable. Wonderful. My fault, but wow, I didn't expect this.
That sucks to hear.

Did you check the measurements against your other garments? Are the measurements within the ballpark?

I'm a 30 waist and take a 30 in that jean, but a 32 in the kibata (unsanforized) version, if I remember correctly.

BPL Esq

Reaction score
That sucks to hear.

Did you check the measurements against your other garments? Are the measurements within the ballpark?

I'm a 30 waist and take a 30 in that jean, but a 32 in the kibata (unsanforized) version, if I remember correctly.
Compared with my other jeans that fit well, it seemed like all the measurements should have been OK for me, but they are not. I haven't measured these to match them up with what their website says. Kind of crazy how different the fit is from straight leg jeans in the same size from other companies.

Perhaps I didn't measure correctly or something. Either way, my fault for paying to have them hemmed without getting an unfinished pair to try first. Notably, the inseam is perfect.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Compared with my other jeans that fit well, it seemed like all the measurements should have been OK for me, but they are not. I haven't measured these to match them up with what their website says. Kind of crazy how different the fit is from straight leg jeans in the same size from other companies.

Perhaps I didn't measure correctly or something. Either way, my fault for paying to have them hemmed without getting an unfinished pair to try first. Notably, the inseam is perfect.
That's weird. It might be worth double-checking the measurements.

Or see if they accidentally sent you the ST-100 (slim tapered). I find those to be too low rise and slim for me, even in the same size. But the SL-100 should be TTS.

TC11201

Reaction score

It is surprising - I’ve found the sizing advice on 3sixteen’s website to be pretty spot on. In the SL-100x I am a 34 (like LVC 1967 505s and lots of others), but have to size up in the ST-120xk to a 36. The 34 in the ST-120 was absurd - a lot like you’re describing (it felt like my legs were in a vise). The SL-100 also has a reasonable top block - not dad-Jean roomy, but not not waif-thin and certainly not comically small, at least IMO. I agree that you might check to see if they sent the wrong model or the pair you have is mis-marked.

May I ask what you had them hemmed to?

BPL Esq

Reaction score
It is surprising - I’ve found the sizing advice on 3sixteen’s website to be pretty spot on. In the SL-100x I am a 34 (like LVC 1967 505s and lots of others), but have to size up in the ST-120xk to a 36. The 34 in the ST-120 was absurd - a lot like you’re describing (it felt like my legs were in a vise). The SL-100 also has a reasonable top block - not dad-Jean roomy, but not not waif-thin and certainly not comically small, at least IMO. I agree that you might check to see if they sent the wrong model or the pair you have is mis-marked.

May I ask what you had them hemmed to?
I will check again but am pretty sure they were tagged as what I ordered (SL-101x - the lightweight selvedge). I experienced the "vise" feeling when I tried them on. The top block didn't feel even remotely roomy.

They were hemmed to 29.5.

TC11201

Reaction score
I will check again but am pretty sure they were tagged as what I ordered (SL-101x - the lightweight selvedge). I experienced the "vise" feeling when I tried them on. The top block didn't feel even remotely roomy.

They were hemmed to 29.5.
Bummer. Both the fit issues and, unfortunately, the hemmed length (I’d have taken them off your hands as it’s about time for me to start breaking in a new pair but they’re unfortunately too short for me).

BPL Esq

Reaction score
Bummer. Both the fit issues and, unfortunately, the hemmed length (I’d have taken them off your hands as it’s about time for me to start breaking in a new pair but they’re unfortunately too short for me).
I appreciate you considering it. I'm sure they'd be great for someone; the fit just isn't for me, I guess.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.