• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrangler "Cowboy" jeans

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of wrangler "cowboy" jeans for 19.99 at a local store, I think these are the best jeans you can get for under 40-50 bucks, they are very dark, very stiff(like levis rigid denim), possible one wash or dry? And they are slim fitting, I picked up original fit, which are nice and tight, low rise, and slim and straitish through the leg, and there is a slim fit version, which is tighter.

Has anyone else tried these jeans?

Metal Circus

Reaction score
13MWZ. They're bootcut, not straight leg. They are cowboy jeans, after all
smile.gif
Hence the plastic back patch that won't stick to your saddle and the rounded back-pocket rivets that keep you from scratching a chair too badly. They're as classic a pair of jeans as Levi's STF 501s, although there's a slightly different aesthetic they fit into. I prefer the cut of 501s and certainly the darker indigo. Wranglers are substantially lighter in hue. But they're nothing to scoff at and I'd definitely agree that they're great jeans, especially at that price.

Reaction score
yes there are stlightly bootcut, but its not really noticeable like on most bootcut pants, its quite mild, and the ones i picked up are quite dark. Nothing amazing, but for 19.99, how can you complain?

familyman

Reaction score
A pair of 13MWZ will be my next pair of jeans as well. I screwed up my STF's and want to try the cheap denim game again. These should fit the bill.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13MWZs are the ****. Incredibly hard to break, yet they feel fairly light and move with you well. I also like the higher back pockets, designer for saddle use, which are more comfy when you have to sit for some time.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
who needs cowboy jeans when you have pigboy jeans? hahaha.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The key to Wranglers is you must buy them 2-inches longer than your regular inseam, so they will "stack" properly on your boots.

That is, assuming you plan to wear them with cowboy boots
smile.gif

ron

Reaction score
I like the cowboy cut for basic jeans. Can't beat the price of the unwashed or rigid finish. They do fade to a light blue but they start pretty dark. IMO they are more of a tapered leg and not what I consider a boot cut (the bottom hem is smaller than the knee circumference) - but this may be more apparent in larger waist sizes like 34 or 36. They are sanforized so they typically shrink less than an inch in the waist and maybe a full inch in the length.

axla

Reaction score
Wranglers work great with or without boots. While most bootcut jeans seem to flare almost like bellbottoms, Wrangler claims their jean is designed to fit over boots, which they do even though the leg isn't wide. The only thing I don't like is the plastic tag on the back pocket, which I always cut off . Regardless, these jeans look great whether you're wearing tall boots or sneakers.

mizanation

Reaction score
hi guys.

the drawbacks to the 13mwz is the color, it's a very light blue which doesn't look good until they are super worn-in.

for a cheap good jean, i love the rustler rigid indigo. very tough denim, very dark and creases beautifully. you can find them at kmart or walmart for $10. they don't have rivets, but you can go to your local rivetter and have them put in (if you can't live without rivets).

i like the 13mwz for historical reasons, but i think the rustler rigid looks better. i would take the 13mwz over the levi STF. just my 2 cents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads