• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WP writer's manhood is secure after Cargo's demise

justlurkingthanks

Reaction score
Thought you folks might be interested in this Washington Post writer's take (click on second page) on the demise of Cargo. In it he quotes himself as he cutely quasi-claims to have killed the magazine: "Maybe it was our observation that Cargo 'might be the worst idea for a magazine in human history.' Or maybe it was our call for men to boycott Cargo in order to 'strike a blow against foppery, frippery, metrosexuality, the commercialization of everything and the wimpification of America.' "

Kind of pathetic how twisted his panties get over this.

someoneNew

Reaction score
It's over!?
Ugh, I'm subscribed to it and actually often prefer it over the rest of the men's mags (not as if we have a great selection); GQ, Esquire, Details, etc..
It is a decent mag for men who don't want to see only fashion that you need to be an exec to afford or those who don't need to see continuous scantily clad chicks on the cover.
Lame.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
It's not often I read The Washington Post and get annoyed, but this guy is a cretin of the first order. Cargo was fluff, but I thought it at least made for interesting bathroom reading.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't terribly excited about Cargo; nor am I horribly upset that it's gone. That being said, this guy has some kind of serious self-image problem. Could it be that this writer is embarassed by his shockingly small...pen? You know, something that might make him insecure in his masculinity and lash out at others?

I wonder what he says about International Male's catalog. That would probably be a real hissy fit.

someoneNew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StevenRocks
It's not often I read The Washington PostCargo was fluff, but I thought it at least made for interesting bathroom reading.

Exactly, most all men's fashion mags are fluff - you can finish them in about 10 minutes.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Could it be that this writer is embarassed by his shockingly small...pen?
It's not the size of your pen that counts; it's your penmanship.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
It's not the size of your pen that counts; it's your penmanship.

Sure, but not everyone has neat penmanship, and so they get embarassed and frustrated.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someoneNew
Exactly, most all men's fashion mags are fluff - you can finish them in about 10 minutes.

mens fashion mags are the best bathroom reading materials ever!

... well, maybe second only to playboy if you're in your teens.

The False Prophet

Reaction score
I...really like GQ. The fashion ain't always spot on, but the political and sports writing is entertaining, the recipes are often delicious, and a copy usually keeps me going for a week or so of 20 min bus rides.

And every now and then, there's a fashion spread that really hits the mark, and that's nice too.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mr. Carlson is a hater, pure and simple. Dollars to donuts that he wears Dockers and blue button-downs and believes that any man who looks/dresses better than he does is gay . . .

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.