• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WOW Jantzen IS turbocharged

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
There was an AAAC thread about how Ricky is "turbocharged" and I have to agree. This was the fastest turnaround for shirts ever.

Order for 2 shirts placed Aug 23...arrived today....and in between all that while he was on vacation I emailed 3 changes, including a fabric change and to specify an armpit size, and the 2 shirts arrived today perfect in every way and had the changes I requested. He didnt reply to any of my change requests, but he did make them.

so far I'm batting 5 for 5 with the slowest shirt taking about 7 weeks since he ran out my fabric pick.

+100000 on Jantzen

Rolo

Reaction score
What shipping method is Ricky using?

I got a confirmation from Ricky and my credit card was charged on 8/28, but USPS has had some "trouble" finding my office lately. Priority mail, confirmed delivery has shown packages as delivered that did not show up for another 10 days or more.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
What shipping method is Ricky using?

I got a confirmation from Ricky and my credit card was charged on 8/28, but USPS has had some "trouble" finding my office lately. Priority mail, confirmed delivery has shown packages as delivered that did not show up for another 10 days or more.

Ahh the good ol' USPS tracking system. Waste of time IMO. It's very useless; although I have had good results having them locate lost packages that said they were delivered. But it definitely needs an overhaul.

As for Ricky, perhaps he has more people working for him now?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Perhaps he's finally discovered Columbian marching powder.

smile.gif

I'm still procrastinating on my first Jantzen order...going on two years now.

blee017

Reaction score
It may sound silly but how did you measure armpit size?
I just placed the second order with a remark "high arm hole" and was wondering if I'd better give him a measurement.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blee017
It may sound silly but how did you measure armpit size?
I just placed the second order with a remark "high arm hole" and was wondering if I'd better give him a measurement.

I measure from the pit seam to the shoulder seam. For me, a 9-9.5" measurement (laid flat) has a nice snug fit without feeling constricting or tight

blee017

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Without any shirts with high arm holes, I guess I will have to leave it to Ricky this time.
shog[1].gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I ordered few days ago...of course, that's to make up for the order of MARCH that got lost....so maybe there's hope.

pinchi22

Reaction score
My first attempt with Jantzen has been mixed. On the one hand, turnaround looks to have been in only 7 days (from order to credit card being charged).
bigstar[1].gif

However, package has yet to arrive nearly 6 weeks later. I understood that Ricky bills when the shirt is shipped. Am I wrong? I sent Ricky an email and fax a couple of days ago; no reply yet. Should I follow up with a call?
bored.gif

I´ve discounted the fact that Ricky may take 6-8 weeks, but if the shirt´s lost in transit, it won´t arrive if I just wait.

Alfa

Reaction score
Wow you guys are lucky. Ordered July 5th. Ricky has e-mailed a few times (to confirm receipt of body image pic, fabric out of stock). Charged end of July. Still waiting to receive the shirt!!
confused.gif

I didn't think much about it til lately when all the "Ricky is on crack and making shirts in a week" comments started popping up. I have a feeling my shirt was forgotten, but then why charge me already?

ccffm1

Reaction score
Compared to your experiences, Alfa, I guess I´m rather lucky. I placed my order on July 6th, got a confirmation on July 22th, saying the shirts would be sent asap, but I haven´t received anything yet. At least my card hasn´t been charged so far. Turnaround time of my first order was relatively quick, though.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which system should I use for measurements Metric or English?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's hoping he keeps it up. Placed an order for four more shirts at the end of August.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a hard time deciding which shirts to order now. I've got 16 shirts from him, and don't have a need for many solids, so I'm loaded with checks and stripes.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Which system should I use for measurements Metric or English?
Imperial (English), this is Hong-Kong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads