WOW Jantzen IS turbocharged

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

There was an AAAC thread about how Ricky is "turbocharged" and I have to agree. This was the fastest turnaround for shirts ever.

Order for 2 shirts placed Aug 23...arrived today....and in between all that while he was on vacation I emailed 3 changes, including a fabric change and to specify an armpit size, and the 2 shirts arrived today perfect in every way and had the changes I requested. He didnt reply to any of my change requests, but he did make them.

so far I'm batting 5 for 5 with the slowest shirt taking about 7 weeks since he ran out my fabric pick.

+100000 on Jantzen

2. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

What shipping method is Ricky using?

I got a confirmation from Ricky and my credit card was charged on 8/28, but USPS has had some "trouble" finding my office lately. Priority mail, confirmed delivery has shown packages as delivered that did not show up for another 10 days or more.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The standard brown envelope brought by US postal.

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

What shipping method is Ricky using?

I got a confirmation from Ricky and my credit card was charged on 8/28, but USPS has had some "trouble" finding my office lately. Priority mail, confirmed delivery has shown packages as delivered that did not show up for another 10 days or more.

Ahh the good ol' USPS tracking system. Waste of time IMO. It's very useless; although I have had good results having them locate lost packages that said they were delivered. But it definitely needs an overhaul.

As for Ricky, perhaps he has more people working for him now?

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Perhaps he's finally discovered Columbian marching powder.

[​IMG]

I'm still procrastinating on my first Jantzen order...going on two years now.

6. blee017

blee017 Well-Known Member

It may sound silly but how did you measure armpit size?
    I just placed the second order with a remark "high arm hole" and was wondering if I'd better give him a measurement.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

It may sound silly but how did you measure armpit size?
    I just placed the second order with a remark "high arm hole" and was wondering if I'd better give him a measurement.

I measure from the pit seam to the shoulder seam. For me, a 9-9.5" measurement (laid flat) has a nice snug fit without feeling constricting or tight

8. blee017

blee017 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.
    Without any shirts with high arm holes, I guess I will have to leave it to Ricky this time. [​IMG]

9. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I ordered few days ago...of course, that's to make up for the order of MARCH that got lost....so maybe there's hope.

10. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

My first attempt with Jantzen has been mixed. On the one hand, turnaround looks to have been in only 7 days (from order to credit card being charged). [​IMG]

However, package has yet to arrive nearly 6 weeks later. I understood that Ricky bills when the shirt is shipped. Am I wrong? I sent Ricky an email and fax a couple of days ago; no reply yet. Should I follow up with a call? [​IMG]

I´ve discounted the fact that Ricky may take 6-8 weeks, but if the shirt´s lost in transit, it won´t arrive if I just wait.

11. Alfa

Alfa Senior member

Wow you guys are lucky. Ordered July 5th. Ricky has e-mailed a few times (to confirm receipt of body image pic, fabric out of stock). Charged end of July. Still waiting to receive the shirt!![​IMG]

I didn't think much about it til lately when all the "Ricky is on crack and making shirts in a week" comments started popping up. I have a feeling my shirt was forgotten, but then why charge me already?

12. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

Compared to your experiences, Alfa, I guess I´m rather lucky. I placed my order on July 6th, got a confirmation on July 22th, saying the shirts would be sent asap, but I haven´t received anything yet. At least my card hasn´t been charged so far. Turnaround time of my first order was relatively quick, though.

13. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Which system should I use for measurements Metric or English?

14. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Here's hoping he keeps it up. Placed an order for four more shirts at the end of August.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a hard time deciding which shirts to order now. I've got 16 shirts from him, and don't have a need for many solids, so I'm loaded with checks and stripes.

15. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Which system should I use for measurements Metric or English?
    Imperial (English), this is Hong-Kong.