• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you wear this Kiton?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
That looks really nice!! I've been thinking of adding a burnt orange jacket to my closet. I would definitely wear it. The description of size 40 seems off tho, the measurements sound better fitted to a size 44S

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A resounding yes! I have an almost identical sportcoat from Saint Andrews in 100% cashmere that I wear with gray flannels in shades from medium to charcoal.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HELL YEAH! HOOK 'EM HORNS!

In all seriousness though, yes I would wear it. Honestly it's the sort of color that you would expect to have to wear in the form of some ****** 70s leisure suit- finding it in a Kiton is nice, because you have a solid fit and styling to anchor the somewhat garish hue.

Add a pair of New Standards and a white shirt, maybe a navy grenadine tie...

gefinzi

Reaction score
I bought a Kiton jacket from this seller before, also European size 51. Nice guy. The shoulder measurement was accurate, but the sleeves and coat length were about 1/2 inch shorter than described. I wonder if there was a problem converting centimeters to inches or something. I have no idea how he got the chest measurement, as the coat fit like the tagged size. The cashmere from this orange coat looks like a thick twill which would be great for fall.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd wear it if you'd buy it for me
smile.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gefinzi
Would anyone wear this sportscoat?

I would wear it(once or twice a season) but I wouldn't buy it, unless as Edward Appleby suggests, I was a UT booster.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I couldn't pull that off. I think it is a nice cut and the material looks amazing. I would feel uncomfortable in that color , but I am fairly boring in my choices.

If you feel comfortable in the color , get it.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love orange but i can't wear it. it doesn't look good on me.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
HELL YEAH! HOOK 'EM HORNS!

In Oklahoma, it would get me tarred and feathered.
Seriously, I can't wear orange because of my complexion.

Fabro

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I would definitely wear that.

LegB4Wicket

Reaction score
It would look good for July 12th!

Seriously, it is a beautiful jacket and would well both dressed-up and with a nice pair of jeans on the weekend or at a club.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As a UT alumnus I must say that burnt orange is possibly the ugliest color in the world.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads