1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Would you wear Steve Jobs Outfit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by retirt, Jun 9, 2011.

1. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

I think he dresses dad like. In a way i think it'll start to hurt the company. People loved apple because it was different. Apple now is a luxury brand which means people still desire apple products much women love their designer handbags and shoes. But at the same time, I think maybe people will start to find apple stale, steve jobs wears the same thing, the iphone looks the same from 1st gen to current. etc.

2. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Yes, he probably doesn't drink the right scotch or listen to the correct music either, thereby impeding his sales even more.

3. LUBE UP

LUBE UP Active Member

I think he dresses dad like. In a way i think it'll start to hurt the company. People loved apple because it was different. Apple now is a luxury brand which means people still desire apple products much women love their designer handbags and shoes. But at the same time, I think maybe people will start to find apple stale, steve jobs wears the same thing, the iphone looks the same from 1st gen to current. etc.
    The growth of Apple from an also-ran in Microsoft's shadow to one of the biggest and most valuable companies in the world within the last decade would seem to suggest the impact of his clothes is either negligible or in fact positive.

4. blahman

blahman Senior member

The growth of Apple from an also-ran in Microsoft's shadow to one of the biggest and most valuable companies in the world within the last decade would seem to suggest the impact of his clothes is either negligible or in fact positive.
    Turtle neck, dad jeans and sneakers has become part of Jobs' persona. When a person think of Jobs they would imagine those clothes - just about became iconic. I think Jobs in anything else would just about raise eyebrows.

And being armed with a reality distortion field, why would he need to care about how he needs to dress.[​IMG]

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

What happened to the hair?

1990? [​IMG]

And he wears it so people recognise him and talk about him and his products, he's a poor man's Michael O'Leary. Apart from the fact that he's very rich of course.

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Actually that's a St. Croix mock turtleneck and sells for $175, kid. You're crap Kohls turtleneck is $10 [​IMG] http://www.hansensclothing.com/displ...?id=9239&sra=7
    $175 for a terrible looking, badly fitting, 25% polyester mock turtleneck? [​IMG] I think I'll stick to my cashmere, thank you very much.

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

of course not... SHHHHH

You got me there...

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Of all the famous people in he world we are still riffing on Jobs?

9. LUBE UP

LUBE UP Active Member

Anyways the whole crux of 'timeless' dressing is clothes that don't go out of style every few years, and to do that they have to be attractive yet bland enough to not be on the cutting edge/avant-garde of movements or trends (like retro revival). The whole point is a look that isn't trendy, much less unique to a single person.

Steve Jobs has an iconic look, and that's good because unlike the corporations with faceless ceo's in suits that compete against Apple, people instinctively think of Jobs when they think of Apple. An Apple computer or phone or music player feels as much a product of Steve Jobs attention as the million odd faceless workers behind Apple Inc. and the many contractors and sub-contractors that build them.

His clothes only other purpose besides keeping him warm is to be iconic, and to do that it's got to look different, to stand out, and he has to wear it every time a camera might be pointing at him. It's no surprise most people in a forum dedicated to classic menswear wouldn't approve [​IMG]

In any case after the toll his liver problems have taken on his body, I doubt even the best tailors could make a suit that looked good on him.

10. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I am Steve Jobs, so yes, I wear my clothes.

Fuck off, peasants.

Sent from my Human CentiPad.

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I'm sure you'll be very comfortable in 90 degree weather.

If it's that hot, why would I be wearing a sweater at all?

12. Mr.Pooter

Mr.Pooter Active Member

If it's that hot, why would I be wearing a sweater at all?

I believe he's wearing a light cotton blend mock turtleneck which would be ok much of the time in the northwest even in Summerand in overheated offices year round but a cashmere would be too warm. And when you're wearing something next to your skin you want to be able to wash it, something you can't do with cashmere.