• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you wear a fur coat?

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Douchebag. How about I skin you alive and wear you around?

The answer to this question is **** NO! Completely unethical.

I am sure you still wear something that can be traced back to an animal, yes?

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I needed a serious fur coat to stay warm in some incredibly cold climate, yes, I'd wear fur.

Right now, I own a shearling coat and a Canada goose down parka. Some would say that the shearling is basically a fur coat. I don't want to someplace where I'd have to own yet a warmer coat.

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I ate a truckfull of puppies, kitens and baby penguins and they were all very cute and alive at the time.

If this were a dick-measuring contest, your junk would be HUGE compared to mine.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

Douchebag. How about I skin you alive and wear you around?

The answer to this question is **** NO! Completely unethical.

ed1066

Reaction score
They are so warm and soft!
Wouldn't it be warmer if the fur was on the inside? I never got that about fur coats...the animal has the fur right next to their skin, shouldn't it work the same way?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
+1. Fur coats are for pimps, Appreciation directors and women.

and joe namath.

joe-namath-fur-coat.jpg

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flipster
please explain yourself

I'm not a PETA fanatic. Yes, articles of clothing that I own can be traced back to animals, however have you ever done research on the fur trade? If not, then maybe you should. I had to write a paper on the fur trade in college, and it absolutely disgusted me. Good enough explanation mom?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never wear a fur coat, but am not opposed to others wearing them, as long as the fur harvesting does not endanger animal populations.

Originally Posted by js4design
and joe namath.

joe-namath-fur-coat.jpg

Haha, wtf?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
No. Not for ethical reasons, I just think I would look like a bit of a dandy.

+1. I just don't like them, period.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High today is -4 Low was -22 (F)-not including wind chill. Beaver, or maybe astrakhan. No problem.
I see no ethical issues ( save fabricated ones).

flipster

Reaction score
I'm not a PETA fanatic. Yes, articles of clothing that I own can be traced back to animals, however have you ever done research on the fur trade? If not, then maybe you should. I had to write a paper on the fur trade in college, and it absolutely disgusted me. Good enough explanation mom?
alright.. so you're opposed to the way animals are treated in the fur-industry. I can understand that. But why calling someone a douche then? Because they are not concerned with animal well being? So what about the Inuit population? According to your reasoning they're all douchebags? Or do those guys nowadays only wear Northface/other tech wear?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I grew up amidst one of the largest mink-producing regions in the USA. I would have absolutely no problem wearing a fur coat. Preferably full-length.

When Roald Amundson was trying to find the Northwest Passage and damn near killed himself and his crew he ran across the natives wearing animal furs. To this day science has not been able to reproduce the insulating qualities afforded by arctic mammal fur.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Wore a leather jacket with a big fox fur collar today, would wear a full fur coat depending on the look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.8%

Forum statistics

Threads