• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would You Wear A Corset?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Men wearing corsets used to be a fundamentally masculine thing. Military men especially sought out corsets for the decorative effect of a severely nipped in waist and broad shoulders, which is still a look seen with some military Savile Row tailors.
mensadvert.jpg

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Just do a normal exercise routine and you can slim your gut and build up your chest and shoulders. And you'll be healthier, as well.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yes

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems a bit extreme. It would be quite weird if someone saw your silhouette with it on one occasion, then see you a few days later without it.

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
I would not, and I used to be 120 pounds heavier. I also did not and would not have then.

Some things from history are best left there. I can't imagine that they would do your long-term health good anyway.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Corset good:

Dita_Von_Teese_021.jpg

Corset bad:

pearl01.jpg

lefty

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ She'd look alot better without it.
biggrin.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my own corset of muscle!

Seriously, since extreme drops create fitting problems, why would any reasonably fit man need a corset?

lordofpi

Reaction score
Could you imaging picking up a girl (or guy; I know we aren't all heteros around here!), getting back to your place for a little one-on-one, your clothes are being ripped open and your shirt flies off to expose your perfect masculine figure -- being created by a pink corset! Cue over-the-top 1940s cartoon brass section music.

Opermann

Reaction score
I had to wear one in a show once. It was full-period dress for La Traviata, so tuxes, tails, high-waisted pants, big cemented hair, various watches and medals, the works. The best thing about it is that it was a new production, so everything was custom made to our measurements.

The corset wasn't that bad, it was the velco type rather than lace-up and you got used to it quickly. But when it was time to take it off... we jokingly called it a "corset-gasm" because of the relief of feeling your intestines settle back into place!

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lordofpi
Could you imaging picking up a girl (or guy; I know we aren't all heteros around here!), getting back to your place for a little one-on-one, your clothes are being ripped open and your shirt flies off to expose your perfect masculine figure -- being created by a pink corset! Cue over-the-top 1940s cartoon brass section music.

I usually say "Let me just slip into something a little more comfortable," and undress out of sight and into a silk robe, holding 2 glasses of red wine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads