• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you Wear a Cane?

mmh

Reaction score
Hello, I am interested in hearing if you are interested in wearing a cane. This is slightly different from just "using" one. As in the history of canes, a gentleman or lady would wear a cane as an accessorie just like a hat or other attire that would reflect their status and style.

I would like to hear if you would wear one to match your mood and style of dress, and what you would like to see in one. You can visit http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/mmh/projects to see some of my work and you will see that each cane made is an individual style. So, please take a moment to view my work and post your thoughts and likes and dislikes. Many thanks!

dano

Reaction score
I personally would never "wear" a cane (at my current age), but those do look incredible. Very nice wood, and obviously excellent carving.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stole a couple of my gradfathers canes. I often walk around the city with my cane and cigar and lift up girls skirts.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drink milk and **** women in abandoned theaters.

AdamInSF

Reaction score
Those are beautiful, but no, I would not wear/use a cane until & unless I have an anatomical reason to do so.

Star

Reaction score
Yes. When I get a little more older and it would have to also double as a hidden sword.
smile.gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an umbrella guy, but I'm thinking about trading up to a cane. What can I say, this guy does inspire me:

dr7_9.jpg

A friend of mine used an elegant black cane with a silver handle today. He was on the way to a wedding and was complete with a top hat. We already dress far to similarly, but I know he'll be happy to advise me. In the meantime, I may well borrow one from the flat I'm currently staying in

mmh

Reaction score
Sounds like someone wasn't weened properly.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
Yes. When I get a little more older and it would have to also double as a hidden sword.
smile.gif

I think owning a swordcane goes without saying. That, and taking up residence in a gothic Bavarian castle

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not now. When I get older and less steady on my feet, then quite likely.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The post says "wear" a cane, the poll "purchase" a cane.

What do you actually mean? "Wearing" a cane would actually be quite difficult considering it is not a garment: Purchasing a cane, fair enough, but you might wish to support a house plant with it rather than use it as a fashion (mis) statement, you really do not tell us when it might be of some service.

As prepared this is a nonsense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics