1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Would you toe tap this pattern of wear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Dec 29, 2011.

Would you toe tap this type of toe wear?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

its normal wear. I have the same problem on shoes that the toe box arn't raised/curves up.

But I sunken toe plate nearly all my shoes - because I like the way they look.

2. woolymammoth

woolymammoth Senior member

I have flush toe-plates installed before ever taking delivery of a pair of shoes as my gait wears down the toes within minutes...I have never noticed any clicking sound when walking and our building is all marble floors and never had an issue with slipping on any surface...these two issues seem to be common complaints but I have experienced neither.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

very strange, imo.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That shoe looks like a copy of the RL Darlton.

5. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

You won't buy leather soled shoes but you'd wear dinner pumps? Interesting...

6. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

This is also my experience.

7. ykurtz

ykurtz Senior member

I'd tap that. Well, both, actually.

Seriously, perhaps changing your gait is an option, though I'd imagine that would be quite difficult as an adult. I see that as akin to removing the all-too-frequent usage of "um" or "like" in many overheard conversations.

8. Patek

Patek Senior member

I have the same issue with only thick soled shoes like RL Marlows. Once they are broken in they stop wearing like that. I actually find that it helps the shoe roll better. In other words, it is perfectly normal.